Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 139 posts · 62 votes
Does any one have idea how much it will cost to replace a lead pipe main water line. I am looking to purchase a slightly distressed property and the village inspector is requesting the roof to be changed and water line to be replaced.
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 68 posts · 48 votes
8y
@Jay Thomas -- where exactly in the Chicago area? We are a licensed GC in Chicago but we are also a licensed sewer and water contractor. Let me know what town and I can get you a pretty accurate idea of price.
Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
No idea on a price there - but I would definitely get a few quotes. Here in PA, three quotes for a sewer line replacement were $5K, 8K and 12K. Big difference.
Two quotes here for a new water service were $4600 and $5800. Again, pretty big difference for the same work.
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 68 posts · 48 votes
8y
@Jay Thomas -- where exactly in the Chicago area? We are a licensed GC in Chicago but we are also a licensed sewer and water contractor. Let me know what town and I can get you a pretty accurate idea of price.