Rental Property Investor · Norman, OK · Member since 2018 · 158 posts · 529 votes
Yet another chance to be featured in the next issue of BiggerPockets Wealth Magazine!
Let us know what you think in 50 words or less: What freedom will real estate investing give you, and what do you hope to do with that freedom?
By responding here, you're allowing us to print your name and response, if chosen, in the next issue of the magazine. We're excited to hear what you have to say!
Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2018 · 151 posts · 165 votes
4y
Spend my day doing the things that I love: investing, learning, growing, supporting my community, and being the best son/friend/partner/brother that I can be!
Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2018 · 151 posts · 165 votes
4y
Spend my day doing the things that I love: investing, learning, growing, supporting my community, and being the best son/friend/partner/brother that I can be!
Real Estate Broker · Berkley, MI · Member since 2021 · 62 posts · 47 votes
4y
The opportunity to go anywhere, do anything and be with anyone I want when I want. Spending my life with my family on our own terms. Have tasted mini retirements that past few years and I strive for full retirement in the next 8. Bring on the deals!
Realtor · St Paul, MN · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 21 votes
4y
REI will allow us the ability to retire early so we can spend more time with our family, as well as the means to share it with loved ones and help people in need. I appreciate all the doors that opened to us (literally and figuratively) when we started investing!
Investor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 138 votes
4y
Real estate provides the freedom of choice. The choice of how to spend my time, what type of work to do, what to spend money on, where to live, where to travel, what experiences my kids have, and so much more.
Hudson, WI · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 30 votes
4y
None so far. 10 years ago it would have. Now it requires equal time and less cash on cash return than my primary business. I am moving capital over to investments though, setting up for the future however, and the tax benefits far outweigh the cash flow or freedom of time benefits. My other business provides that. In the future however, I will sell that company, and move the capital into REI and gain mostly passive income. At that point I will spend lots of time with my kids and family, and developing my land for fun and practicality. The other added benefit is giving my spouse a new purpose and industry/business to learn with me. She has a high drive to contribute and have purpose so it seems to be helping us with that after she has taken time away from her career to have children.
@Kaylee Walterbach The opportunity to retire myself and my spouse by my 50th birthday (4 years) and then be able to have time for family, travel, and total financial freedom.
Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
4y
I have not had any argument of significance about money with my wife for about the last ten years. That kind of freedom can't be bought, but it can be earned through real estate investing.
Yet another chance to be featured in the next issue of BiggerPockets Wealth Magazine!
Let us know what you think in 50 words or less: What freedom will real estate investing give you, and what do you hope to do with that freedom?
By responding here, you're allowing us to print your name and response, if chosen, in the next issue of the magazine. We're excited to hear what you have to say!
Real estate investing gives you the freedom to live your life! It allows you to enjoy those that mean the most, and break the chains of the 9-5 W2.
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Real Estate has given me the freedom to take control of my life. By allowing me to: learn and grow every day, spend more time with friends and family, travel to unforgettable places, and last but not least, enjoy life!
I have not had any argument of significance about money with my wife for about the last ten years. That kind of freedom can't be bought, but it can be earned through real estate investing.
Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
I think there's of course many variations of the same answer here and mine is probably no different!
But to put it simply...Real Estate Investing gave me the freedom to pursue my business that I still run today - a business that enables me to not only scale my wealth but also create a much larger impact in the community.
Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 614 posts · 666 votes
4y
@Kaylee Walterbach
Because of our rental properties, my wife and I (28 years old) have been able to use the cash flow to cover health insurance for each of our moms, allowing them to both quit their full time jobs.
They were both working “because health insurance is so expensive” and our rental properties cash flow covers the amount needed for both of them to have health insurance before the age of Medicare.
We executed this plan and convinced them both to quit their jobs, just weeks before our first child was born.
This was our first (of multiple) “Big whys”, checked off our list.
Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Real estate has given me freedom to leave my job and allow my wife to leave hers. It has given me the ability to level up my peer group and start other businesses and partnerships. I take my daughter to school every day and coach her in sports because of real estate. Real estate has allowed me to attend meetups, have lunch/coffee/beer with other investors when I want to. It has given me the freedom to start a podcast. Real estate has given me the freedom to travel every month if I choose to with friends and/or family without worrying about money.
Real Estate Consultant · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 20 votes
4y
Real Estate has quite literally changed my family legacy! Outside of financial freedom, it's cultivated a freedom of mindset you can't quantify. It's built confidence to tackle things that scare me, to step outside my comfort zone and bandwidth. All I want to do with it is share! Especially with people like myself that came from poverty, scarcity, and victim mentality.