Looking for good zip codes to invest in Memphis, TN

Looking for good zip codes to invest in Memphis, TN

Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 8 votes

Hi fellow investors, 

I'm a rookie investor considering Memphis, TN, to start my investments. Can anyone recommend good zip codes for long term rentals with positive cash flow. I'd like to be in areas with low crime rates. Thanks in advance!

7Reply
71 views

Most Popular Reply

Mike MoseePro Member
Investor · Eagle Point, OR · Member since 2011 · 181 posts · 118 votes
4y

Hi Carolina

There is no magic zip code that gives good ROI as crime areas change by a few blocks. We've found the best way is to have boots on the ground, property manager, to access. Zip codes we have that give good ROI include 38128, 38134, 38053.

Best of luck

Mike

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dean HarrisBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    I have a free podcast breakdown of all the investment zip codes in Memphis that I created based on my personal experience investing here in Memphis. PM me and I am happy to share it. 

    CrestCore Realty4.713 Reviews
    View Page
  • Lender · Annapolis, MD · Member since 2022 · 154 posts · 70 votes
    4y

    @Carolina Sotola congrats on starting your rei career. Have you established your LLC? If so, great! If not get that started, this is how you will want to purchase your properties to keep them off your personal credit. However, if you're looking to househack (for example, buy a duplex and live in one side and rent the other side) forget the LLC, this is a good way to start also.

  • Mike MoseePro Member
    Investor · Eagle Point, OR · Member since 2011 · 181 posts · 118 votes
    4y

    Hi Carolina

    There is no magic zip code that gives good ROI as crime areas change by a few blocks. We've found the best way is to have boots on the ground, property manager, to access. Zip codes we have that give good ROI include 38128, 38134, 38053.

    Best of luck

    Mike

  • James WachobBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 888 votes
    4y

    @Carolina Sotola check out my profile page.  I have a video about the zip codes in Memphis that may be helpful. 

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Thanks @James Wachob will do!!

  • Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Carolina Sotola:

    Hi fellow investors, 

    I'm a rookie investor considering Memphis, TN, to start my investments. Can anyone recommend good zip codes for long term rentals with positive cash flow. I'd like to be in areas with low crime rates. Thanks in advance!

    Hi, my name is Lp singh, looking to invest in Memphis, are you investing in Memphis?
  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2022 · 40 posts · 17 votes
    3y

    Being connected with a team that knows the area is the best way to go.  Areas can change street by street and block by block.  I would be happy to connect.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    3y

    I suggest you to find someone local in the market. In some neighborhoods, crime is more prominent in some areas or streets although in an overall great zip code. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Memphis, TN · Member since 2020 · 202 posts · 203 votes
    3y

    @Carolina Sotola Dean and James have given you great resources. Can't top that.

    My bread & butter is 38111 & 38117, but I'd get a flight here and drive for a few days. You'll make the money back with your first investment since you'll be more informed. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.