Summer Job Ideas for Young Investors

Summer Job Ideas for Young Investors

New to Real Estate · Ocean City, NJ · Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 2 votes

I am currently a freshman in college and working on my first house hack. I am a referral agent, but haven't really used my license yet. I do plan on being a full time agent once I graduate, but am keeping it as a referral for now just to avoid agent dues. I am looking for a job for the upcoming summer and want to do something that will help me in my future real estate career. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Justin R.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · San Anselmo · Member since 2015 · 659 posts · 600 votes
4y

Construction, property management, realtors assistant, appraiser trainee, home inspection company, sales/negotiating, investors assistant, Bigger Pockets is hiring as well!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin R.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · San Anselmo · Member since 2015 · 659 posts · 600 votes
    4y

    Construction, property management, realtors assistant, appraiser trainee, home inspection company, sales/negotiating, investors assistant, Bigger Pockets is hiring as well!

  • Investor · Ellwood City, PA · Member since 2019 · 93 posts · 124 votes
    4y

    I applaud your desire to work and learn, Fisher! Its so very refreshing to someone so young taking positive action!

    At this stage, I would go find someone doing what you wany to do, and offer them some value (whatever they particularly need), in exchange for shadowing/aprenticing/learning from them. 

    There are lots of aspect software the real estate cycle that have entry points. Property management, construction, realtors assistant, shadowning investors, assissting lenders.

    Figure out what you want/need to learn most and start there.

    Good luck

    DG

  • Dan SheeksPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 621 posts · 362 votes
    4y
    Check out this article on the Bigger Pockets Blog:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.