Looking for advice on investing SW FL from a cash flow/growth perspective.
Have been looking at Venice, Osprey, Nokomis, Sarasota, Cape Coral, Ft. Myers.
Hi Terry,
Specifically in Southwest FL, multifamily in Lehigh Acres right now is presenting some of the best cash flow opportunities. From a growth perspective, prices have dipped slightly in this area but are largely expected to return to peak levels and continue growing throughout the coming year
Looking for advice on investing SW FL from a cash flow/growth perspective.
Have been looking at Venice, Osprey, Nokomis, Sarasota, Cape Coral, Ft. Myers.
Hi Terry,
Specifically in Southwest FL, multifamily in Lehigh Acres right now is presenting some of the best cash flow opportunities. From a growth perspective, prices have dipped slightly in this area but are largely expected to return to peak levels and continue growing throughout the coming year
Real Estate Agent · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
3y
Hi Terry,
For the greatest cash flow opportunity in Sarasota County, I would recommend looking in the city limits as you are allowed per code to rent out the unit(s) by the week. Short term rentals are creating the greatest cash flow in SWFL from what I am seeing. Another option is finding 2-4 units or more - the only issue with that in a lot of areas mentioned in your post is they don't come available often. It is another great option to realize strong returns though! Let me know if there is anything else I could do to help.
Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
I would avoid STR and stick with annuals. Rents are continuing to rise because of the storm there is low inventory and high demand. Multifamily pricing is really high and rising due to the high rents. I just bought a SFH that I will turn in to a rental. It will have a Cap Rate of about 8% - 10% which is really good in comparison to the multifamily cap rate of 3% - 5%.
Real Estate Agent · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2020 · 140 posts · 75 votes
3y
There are definitely areas in Venice and Sarasota that will cash flow. Do you have any more specifics? Are you looking to stay under a certain price point? Are you trying to stay out of the flood zone? If you can give more specifics I should be able to suggest some areas. I live in Osprey and am well familiar with the Venice, Nokomis and Sarasota markets.