Local Meetups in the Bay Area, CA

Local Meetups in the Bay Area, CA

Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2019 · 262 posts · 95 votes

Hello! I am looking for tips on starting a local meetup group in the Bay Area, CA specifically in the Peninsula neighborhood. The only meetups I have been able to find are located in the East Bay or the San Jose area. I'm surprised there isn't one happening in my neighborhood. Any tips on how to begin and not have it be expensive to start? I am looking to network with like-minded investors looking to get into the real estate investing game or experienced investors willing to share their tips from their journey.

1Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 31 votes
2y

Hey Arron, 

I go to a great meetup in San Mateo every 1st wednesday of every month. It's hosted by Eugene Nilus and it's in San Mateo. 

https://www.meetup.com/exclusive-bay-area-real-estate-group/

You could attend this one and see what you like about it (for your own potential future meetup). There are experienced and inexperienced investors that go and connect. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 31 votes
    2y

    Hey Arron, 

    I go to a great meetup in San Mateo every 1st wednesday of every month. It's hosted by Eugene Nilus and it's in San Mateo. 

    https://www.meetup.com/exclusive-bay-area-real-estate-group/

    You could attend this one and see what you like about it (for your own potential future meetup). There are experienced and inexperienced investors that go and connect. 

  • Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2019 · 262 posts · 95 votes
    2y
    Quote from @David Liu:

    Hey Arron, 

    I go to a great meetup in San Mateo every 1st wednesday of every month. It's hosted by Eugene Nilus and it's in San Mateo. 

    https://www.meetup.com/exclusive-bay-area-real-estate-group/

    You could attend this one and see what you like about it (for your own potential future meetup). There are experienced and inexperienced investors that go and connect. 


     Hey David,

    Thanks for sharing the details of this meetup. I will check this one out!

  • Jake AndronicoBusiness Member
    Realtor · Reno, NV · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 938 votes
    2y

    @Arron Paulino

    Hope you're able to find one! 

    I grew up in Marin and ended up moving to Reno, NV to house hack and still be close to Lake Tahoe.

    A lot more approachable, but there is also other markets in CA that may work for you as well. 

    Best of luck to you!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Arron Paulino:

    Hello! I am looking for tips on starting a local meetup group in the Bay Area, CA specifically in the Peninsula neighborhood. The only meetups I have been able to find are located in the East Bay or the San Jose area. I'm surprised there isn't one happening in my neighborhood. Any tips on how to begin and not have it be expensive to start? I am looking to network with like-minded investors looking to get into the real estate investing game or experienced investors willing to share their tips from their journey.

     @Brenda Chen hosts regular meetups in SF and surrounding areas. 

  • Lender · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 72 votes
    2y

    thanks @Adrian Chu! Yes! Pls feel free to join our meetup: www.meetup.com/sfbayre :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
    2y

    @Arron Paulino

    In a couple of weeks a meetup scheduled in December:https://www.meetup.com/sfrealestateinvesting/events/29746539...

    Maybe I'll see you there...

  • Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2019 · 262 posts · 95 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mark Pedroza:

    @Arron Paulino

    In a couple of weeks a meetup scheduled in December:https://www.meetup.com/sfrealestateinvesting/events/29746539...

    Maybe I'll see you there...


     Thanks for sharing Mark! I'll look into it.

  • Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2019 · 262 posts · 95 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Adrian Chu:
    Quote from @Arron Paulino:

    Hello! I am looking for tips on starting a local meetup group in the Bay Area, CA specifically in the Peninsula neighborhood. The only meetups I have been able to find are located in the East Bay or the San Jose area. I'm surprised there isn't one happening in my neighborhood. Any tips on how to begin and not have it be expensive to start? I am looking to network with like-minded investors looking to get into the real estate investing game or experienced investors willing to share their tips from their journey.

     @Brenda Chen hosts regular meetups in SF and surrounding areas. 


     Thanks for sharing!

  • Rental Property Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2019 · 262 posts · 95 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brenda Chen:

    thanks @Adrian Chu! Yes! Pls feel free to join our meetup: www.meetup.com/sfbayre :)


     Thank you for the link. Plan to join soon!

  • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    11mo

    Just wondering if you were able to find one? I'm located in San Bruno.

    Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.