A property located across the road from a church

A property located across the road from a church

Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 9 votes

Hi everyone

I am completely new to the field and very excited to get started. I am still looking for my first investment. I mainly concentrate in the Dallas Texas area.

I found a beautiful property with a lot of potential in a well-kept and beautiful street. The numbers look really good.

Across the road, right in front of the property, is the back of a Baptist church.

In the front of the church there is a large parking lot, but this, as mentioned, is on the parallel street.

How much does it matter? I would love to hear any advice and insight.

Thank you

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Chicago Area, IL · Member since 2024 · 54 posts · 49 votes
2y

As long as you are not adjacent to the parking lot (rain runoff can sometimes be a problem), I would think of it as potential renters. The church may know someone looking to rent, and since the church referred them, may help with any renter problems. My experience with weddings is mostly mornings to get ready, afternoon weddings, evening receptions. Saturdays mostly, with Friday and Sunday as cheaper reception options. Some times a reception at the church, but usually elsewhere. Although that may be a regional thing. There are usually several meetings and events a month, usually in the evenings, but usually small groups.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    I would think this is a bonus.  Probably low traffic for most churches...maybe Wed night and Sunday morning.  To me better than having a full time neighbor.

    Maybe that is a demand driver.  Maybe someone that works there or attends there wants to be within walking distance.  Maybe a minister might want to keep an eye on things.  Maybe a choir director wants to have practice 3 nights a week.

    I've had plenty of people for both purchase and lease want to live within walking distance of their place of worship.  Especially if they are daily practitioners.

    What would be your concern?

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Neutral in my book.

    Good Luck!

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Elad Itzhari:

    Hi everyone

    I am completely new to the field and very excited to get started. I am still looking for my first investment. I mainly concentrate in the Dallas Texas area.

    I found a beautiful property with a lot of potential in a well-kept and beautiful street. The numbers look really good.

    Across the road, right in front of the property, is the back of a Baptist church.

    In the front of the church there is a large parking lot, but this, as mentioned, is on the parallel street.

    How much does it matter? I would love to hear any advice and insight.

    Thank you

    If the numbers work, I wouldn't have any problem. If you are using it for a rental, your renter is someone from right across the street.

     Thank you

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Scott Mac:

    Neutral in my book.

    Good Luck!


     Thank you

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bruce Lynn:

    I would think this is a bonus.  Probably low traffic for most churches...maybe Wed night and Sunday morning.  To me better than having a full time neighbor.

    Maybe that is a demand driver.  Maybe someone that works there or attends there wants to be within walking distance.  Maybe a minister might want to keep an eye on things.  Maybe a choir director wants to have practice 3 nights a week.

    I've had plenty of people for both purchase and lease want to live within walking distance of their place of worship.  Especially if they are daily practitioners.

    What would be your concern?


     Thank you very much!

    I didn't think it's a problem, anthill one of the lenders told me that he pass because of that, so I wanted to hear more opinions. 

    Thank you

  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    @Elad Itzhari If you’re worried about traffic from the church I wouldn’t. It might provide you with a potential tenant list if you introduce yourself to the minister and staff.

    I own and house hack a duplex that abuts a parking lot for a small strip of retail businesses. There’s a considerable amount of traffic and disturbance at times during the day but once evening comes it isn’t an issue. 90% of the people that use the parking lot respect my two parking spaces and don’t park in front of my house.

    The good thing is that it’s not busy after working hours or in the morning when most future tenants will be there after I move out of my side.

    If there’s only traffic at the church Wednesday nights and Sundays and an occasional Saturday night for weddings I’d consider that to be a GREAT neighbor and buy that deal all day long!

  • Chicago Area, IL · Member since 2024 · 54 posts · 49 votes
    2y

    As long as you are not adjacent to the parking lot (rain runoff can sometimes be a problem), I would think of it as potential renters. The church may know someone looking to rent, and since the church referred them, may help with any renter problems. My experience with weddings is mostly mornings to get ready, afternoon weddings, evening receptions. Saturdays mostly, with Friday and Sunday as cheaper reception options. Some times a reception at the church, but usually elsewhere. Although that may be a regional thing. There are usually several meetings and events a month, usually in the evenings, but usually small groups.

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Alecia Loveless:

    @Elad Itzhari If you’re worried about traffic from the church I wouldn’t. It might provide you with a potential tenant list if you introduce yourself to the minister and staff.

    I own and house hack a duplex that abuts a parking lot for a small strip of retail businesses. There’s a considerable amount of traffic and disturbance at times during the day but once evening comes it isn’t an issue. 90% of the people that use the parking lot respect my two parking spaces and don’t park in front of my house.

    The good thing is that it’s not busy after working hours or in the morning when most future tenants will be there after I move out of my side.

    If there’s only traffic at the church Wednesday nights and Sundays and an occasional Saturday night for weddings I’d consider that to be a GREAT neighbor and buy that deal all day long!


     Thank you very much

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dave Hagen:

    As long as you are not adjacent to the parking lot (rain runoff can sometimes be a problem), I would think of it as potential renters. The church may know someone looking to rent, and since the church referred them, may help with any renter problems. My experience with weddings is mostly mornings to get ready, afternoon weddings, evening receptions. Saturdays mostly, with Friday and Sunday as cheaper reception options. Some times a reception at the church, but usually elsewhere. Although that may be a regional thing. There are usually several meetings and events a month, usually in the evenings, but usually small groups.


     Thank you very much

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elad Itzhari:

    Hi everyone

    I am completely new to the field and very excited to get started. I am still looking for my first investment. I mainly concentrate in the Dallas Texas area.

    I found a beautiful property with a lot of potential in a well-kept and beautiful street. The numbers look really good.

    Across the road, right in front of the property, is the back of a Baptist church.

    In the front of the church there is a large parking lot, but this, as mentioned, is on the parallel street.

    How much does it matter? I would love to hear any advice and insight.

    Thank you

     Did you follow-through with making the offer? 

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lucia Rushton:
    Quote from @Elad Itzhari:

    Hi everyone

    I am completely new to the field and very excited to get started. I am still looking for my first investment. I mainly concentrate in the Dallas Texas area.

    I found a beautiful property with a lot of potential in a well-kept and beautiful street. The numbers look really good.

    Across the road, right in front of the property, is the back of a Baptist church.

    In the front of the church there is a large parking lot, but this, as mentioned, is on the parallel street.

    How much does it matter? I would love to hear any advice and insight.

    Thank you

     Did you follow-through with making the offer? 


     Yes, but someone else got it...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.