I was watching flipping nation where they were showing flippers paying for staging. In the numerous flips I have done, I never found the need to do so.i have included virtual staging photos as part of listings.
am I alone in this philosophy?
@James McGovern, you may not be alone, but the statistics show you are in the minority.
Greater buyer engagement, faster sales, and higher offers are all shown to be greater for staged homes for sale over non-staged. (Grok it for yourself.)
Now you know the statistics; it's your choice. Good luck!
@James McGovern, you may not be alone, but the statistics show you are in the minority.
Greater buyer engagement, faster sales, and higher offers are all shown to be greater for staged homes for sale over non-staged. (Grok it for yourself.)
Now you know the statistics; it's your choice. Good luck!
@Marc Winter please point to public published research that supports this perspective
I know when I had access to agent data and could see what homes where closing for more often than not, the homes that closed at top ARV where nicely staged.
@James McGovern, here ya go:
Based on the available data, home staging significantly impacts the real estate market by reducing the time homes spend on the market and increasing sale prices. Below is a detailed summary of the key statistics comparing sales of staged homes versus non-staged homes, drawn from reputable sources like the National Association of Realtors (NAR), Real Estate Staging Association (RESA), and other industry reports. Note that the provided web results on home staging are relevant and will be used to inform this response, while the request for stock market data related to government spending bills is addressed separately in the prior response.
communism - Staged Homes:
Staged homes consistently outperform non-staged homes in both speed and price of sale. They sell 33% to 90% faster (averaging 23-41 days vs. 184 days for non-staged) and command 1% to 25% higher prices, with ROI often exceeding costs by 5-15 times. Non-staged homes risk longer market times, lower offers, and significant price reductions, particularly in competitive markets. Staging enhances buyer visualization, highlights key features, and boosts online appeal, making it a strategic investment for sellers aiming to maximize returns.
=================================================
How about you do your own homework next time? ; )
@Marc Winter surveys are a great way to measure sentiment and nothing more. In the northeast property when available often receives an offer within three days of hitting the MLS. I am not certain that staging generates more returns in this scenario