Wholesaler · Macon, GA · Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 7 votes
The market feels different depending on where you invest — some areas are slowing down, others remain surprisingly hot. What’s happening in your local market right now?
Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
Here in Columbus, Ohio, things have cooled off a bit but it’s still a solid market. The good rental areas are steady, and anything under $300k that’s clean or has some upside usually moves quickly. I’ve been seeing strong demand from renters near hospitals and job centers.
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2023 · 831 posts · 577 votes
10mo
In my market, the affordable price points are still moving fast especially anything turnkey, rent ready, or already rented close to market or Section 8 rates. Value add deals are always quick to go, and anything sitting is usually just overpriced.
Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
Here in Columbus, Ohio, things have cooled off a bit but it’s still a solid market. The good rental areas are steady, and anything under $300k that’s clean or has some upside usually moves quickly. I’ve been seeing strong demand from renters near hospitals and job centers.
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10mo
Quote from @Account Closed:
The market feels different depending on where you invest — some areas are slowing down, others remain surprisingly hot. What’s happening in your local market right now?
Hey Shelly, welcome to BP! Right now in Columbus, the market is still really strong compared to a lot of other places—there’s a ton of population growth, job growth, and major companies moving in or expanding like Intel, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Honda, LG, and Anduril. That’s keeping rental demand high and helping properties cash flow well, especially in the $120K–180K range where you can still hit the 1% rule. Some areas are seeing more competition than others, but overall you can still find solid deals that rent quickly and have good long-term appreciation potential. It’s one of the few markets where out-of-state investors can buy affordable, cash-flowing properties with upside, and the landlord laws here make managing rentals straightforward. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
Quote from @Account Closed:
The market feels different depending on where you invest — some areas are slowing down, others remain surprisingly hot. What’s happening in your local market right now?
I think it is slower generally across the board. BUT this is also where I see opportunity and I am personally buying a ton of flips and even brrrr deals so that I can work on them across the winter.
I'm also on costar looking into 30-40 units. I thinking now is the time to do relationship building and solidify networks.