Do You Prefer Light Rehabs or Full Gut Jobs?

Do You Prefer Light Rehabs or Full Gut Jobs?

Member since 2015 · 86 posts · 44 votes

Some investors love heavy rehabs for higher margins, others prefer quicker, lighter flips.

What’s been your strategy lately — and how do you decide which projects to take on?

0Reply
53 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    I'm ok doing either but I have had a couple of "light rehabs" turn into what should have been a total gut so I am cautious when bidding on what looks like it just needs a fluff up. 

  • John MorganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10mo

    I just had a light rehab turn into a major rehab. It happens occasionally. And I hate big rehabs. So I buy homes that don’t need much of a rehab to keep things simple and easy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.