New Construction in Ocala, FL. (Marion County) - Looking to connect with others

New Construction in Ocala, FL. (Marion County) - Looking to connect with others

Investor · Ocala, FL. · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone — I’m based in Ocala, FL and currently working through a small ground-up residential build.

I joined BiggerPockets to connect with others who are doing new construction, small development, or value-add projects in Central Florida. I am looking to network, learn, and share experiences with people working in a similar space.

Curious what types of projects others are focused on locally and what challenges you’re seeing right now.

We have two models we are currently working with. 3/2 spec model on in-fill lots in Marion County, and also a 2/2 spitted rental model.    Lets connect! 

0Reply
71 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Todd AndersonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2023 · 392 posts · 175 votes
    8mo

    @Michael Cadden,

    Welcome to the BP community.

    Great job getting started in the development space.  That's a big step.  I have worked with a number of investors that have found the Ocala area a great place to invest.  It is a market that is growing in good employment and population.  Each time I am there to look at a new project the area changes.  

    I have been involved in a number of different size projects in the area in the last two years and all seem to work well. From SFR to duplexes and quads, even larger units seem to move well because they rent well and stay full.

    I would be happy to hear how you are finding the market.  Are you building for hold or building for sale?  How many projects have you completed? How did you find the proses?  

    I look forward to hearing more.

  • Investor · Ocala, FL. · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    8mo

    Thanks Todd.  I appreciate the welcome! 

    We're mid-build on a ground up SFR in Marion County. This build is for sale so we can prove the process and recycle capital into more projects.

    Longer term we expect to do a mix of build to sell but mostly build to own.

    Thanks for the connect. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.