Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 340 posts · 144 votes
8mo
I’ve seen the biggest breakthroughs come from tightening systems before adding more doors. Clean financials, clear criteria, and reliable operations. Once capital is being deployed consistently and tracked well, investors tend to scale more comfortably, whether that’s through leverage, partnerships, or moving into small multifamily. Staying disciplined on the numbers usually matters more than chasing the next deal.
Investor · Collierville, TN 38017 · Member since 2017 · 602 posts · 449 votes
8mo
We capped leverage early and scaled through repeatable cash-flow deals instead of chasing growth for its own sake. Conservative underwriting, reserves per property, and boring consistency beat aggressive stacking every time.
Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
8mo
Honestly, tracking how fast your money moves helped me way more than finding more deals. Like how long you're tied up from contract to cash - I was bleeding 30-60 days per flip just sitting on bottlenecks I didn't even see. Once I started timing everything, capital started turning faster without needing more cash upfront. What's your typical timeline looking like from contract to close?
Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 340 posts · 144 votes
8mo
I’ve seen the biggest breakthroughs come from tightening systems before adding more doors. Clean financials, clear criteria, and reliable operations. Once capital is being deployed consistently and tracked well, investors tend to scale more comfortably, whether that’s through leverage, partnerships, or moving into small multifamily. Staying disciplined on the numbers usually matters more than chasing the next deal.