What's the Best Skiptrace Company/Service in 2026?

What's the Best Skiptrace Company/Service in 2026?

Investor · West Palm Beach FL · Member since 2024 · 66 posts · 25 votes

A lot of platforms have very bad skip tracing. Anyone recommend a company/service that focuses purely on skiptracing and it's their strength with high accuracy?

1Reply
221 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Nationwide · Member since 2024 · 125 posts · 19 votes
4mo

@Bob Asad 

Good question. One simple thing I’d do is test the provider with addresses you already know well — your own, family, friends, or properties where you already know the owner/contact info.

That gives you a quick reality check on how accurate the owner match and phone data really are.

Beyond that, I’d look at:

  • Does the owner match the property record?
  • Are the best numbers tied to the actual owner?
  • Are the top numbers mobile/wireless?
  • Is it an individual owner or a messy LLC/trust record?

But I also think what happens after the skip trace comes back matters just as much as the initial skip.

A provider can return numbers, but you still need a process to clean, score, and prioritize the owner/contact data so you know which records and numbers are actually worth working first.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Nationwide · Member since 2024 · 125 posts · 19 votes
    4mo

    The provider matters, but the bigger issue is what you do with the data after it comes back.

    That lets you introduce your lane without looking salesy.

    Here’s a stronger response:

    I’d separate two things:

    1. The skip trace provider
    2. What happens with the data after it comes back

    A lot of providers can return phone numbers, but the real issue is whether the output is actually usable for outreach.

    The things I’d look at are:

    • owner match accuracy
    • phone quality/confidence
    • individual owners vs LLCs/trusts
    • data freshness
    • whether the numbers are ranked or just dumped into a file

    Where I think a lot of teams lose time is after the skip trace is complete. They get a file back with multiple phone numbers, inconsistent owner matches, and no clear sense of which records should be worked first.

    That’s the piece I’ve been digging into more lately — taking the raw skip trace/enrichment output and turning it into something more operationally useful: contactability scoring, owner/contact confidence, and a cleaner priority order.

    So in my opinion, the “best” skip trace setup is not just the provider. It’s the provider plus a process for cleaning, ranking, and prioritizing the results before your team starts calling.

    • Investor · West Palm Beach FL · Member since 2024 · 66 posts · 25 votes
      4mo
      Quote from @Chris Arnold:

      The provider matters, but the bigger issue is what you do with the data after it comes back.

      That lets you introduce your lane without looking salesy.

      Here’s a stronger response:

      I’d separate two things:

      1. The skip trace provider
      2. What happens with the data after it comes back

      A lot of providers can return phone numbers, but the real issue is whether the output is actually usable for outreach.

      The things I’d look at are:

      • owner match accuracy
      • phone quality/confidence
      • individual owners vs LLCs/trusts
      • data freshness
      • whether the numbers are ranked or just dumped into a file

      Where I think a lot of teams lose time is after the skip trace is complete. They get a file back with multiple phone numbers, inconsistent owner matches, and no clear sense of which records should be worked first.

      That’s the piece I’ve been digging into more lately — taking the raw skip trace/enrichment output and turning it into something more operationally useful: contactability scoring, owner/contact confidence, and a cleaner priority order.

      So in my opinion, the “best” skip trace setup is not just the provider. It’s the provider plus a process for cleaning, ranking, and prioritizing the results before your team starts calling.


       Thanks! But what do you recommend to ensure accuracy? (how would you know if the skiptrace was reliable?)

    • Investor · Nationwide · Member since 2024 · 125 posts · 19 votes
      4mo

      @Bob Asad 

      Good question. One simple thing I’d do is test the provider with addresses you already know well — your own, family, friends, or properties where you already know the owner/contact info.

      That gives you a quick reality check on how accurate the owner match and phone data really are.

      Beyond that, I’d look at:

      • Does the owner match the property record?
      • Are the best numbers tied to the actual owner?
      • Are the top numbers mobile/wireless?
      • Is it an individual owner or a messy LLC/trust record?

      But I also think what happens after the skip trace comes back matters just as much as the initial skip.

      A provider can return numbers, but you still need a process to clean, score, and prioritize the owner/contact data so you know which records and numbers are actually worth working first.

  • Investor · Hendersonville, NC · Member since 2016 · 498 posts · 285 votes
    4mo
    Quote from @Bob Asad:

    A lot of platforms have very bad skip tracing. Anyone recommend a company/service that focuses purely on skiptracing and it's their strength with high accuracy?


    I’d test any skip trace provider against records where you already know the owner/contact info. Otherwise it’s hard to tell whether the data is actually accurate or just looks complete.

    The other thing I’d separate is contact accuracy vs lead quality. A good phone number helps, but if the underlying list is weak, you’re still just reaching the wrong person more efficiently. I’d rather have a smaller list with stronger property or owner-level signals than a huge skip traced file where every record looks the same.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.