Probate Leads - How to find Property Address

9 Replies

Hello,

I've found several probate cases and look it up online but I can't find an address for the PR or deceased. How do I find the address?

I found names, case numbers, personal rep names, and document dates but I can't find any addresses.

Try tax records of the deceased or the PR

It is very unlikely you'll get mailing addresses for the parties in a probate court file online.  You can read the files in person or have someone do it for you.  You can work backwards from the decedent's name to see what real property they own in the county and what the tax mailing address is.  You do people searches to find the PR and beneficiaries.  

I used www.peoplesmart.com and found addresses. Then I looked up the address on Zillow to gather more information. I plan on mailing to these people, any advice on how to word the letter/postcard? Do you mail to the deceased owner of the property or the PR?

If I was dead, I wouldn't read your letter.

Maybe...the PR?

@Rick H.

Haha thanks for the laugh and clarification. Note taken - mail to the PR.

I might open your letter if I liked the envelope.

I might read your letter if looked like it was truly for me.

I might call on your letter if I thought it might help me

I might do business with you if I liked what you could do for me after our phone conversation.

Originally posted by @Rick H. :

I might open your letter if I liked the envelope.

I might read your letter if looked like it was truly for me.

I might call on your letter if I thought it might help me

I might do business with you if I liked what you could do for me after our phone conversation.

Rick, you make it sounds so simple and straightforward :)

Hey guys Im new to Wholesaling, and having a pretty hard time finding the deceased address. Some I find in Tax records but for the most part no luck. Should I just call the Attorney and ask for the Administrator contact then call the Administrator for the deceased address? Also what do you all mean by PR? 

@Account Closed I highly doubt that an attorney will give you this information unless you received the probate leads from the attorney. You really want to find out who the next-of-kin is and give them a phone call or send them a letter. If you can't find out who the administrator is, then try and contact their spouse if they had one. You need to use a skip tracer or service online to locate their address if you're not having luck with public records.

PR in this instance likely means Personal Representative. Essentially, this is the same thing as an administrator of the estate. 

Medium blip leads logo largeCornelius Garland, Blip Leads | [email protected] | 843‑203‑9986 | http://blipleads.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you