Mentor programs?

4 Replies

Has anyone ever used a mentor/protege program? If so can you recommend? And please list the cost. Thank you.

Not to be a naysayer since I know you're asking for details, but I'd say there's greater value in finding a mentor in your market and seeking their advice instead of paying for a program. Finding someone local and providing them value will net you more knowledge about your specific market than a general program. With that approach you create a relationship that lets you bounce ideas off them without having to pay to talk to them.

This is repeated all over the forums/website, but you should be able to find some local investors by joining a local real estate club. Paying for a mentor should be one of your last options unless you're seeking very specialized advice.

Peter MacKercher, Real Estate Agent in MO (#2010004223)

Ok, thanks my reason for asking is, Ive paid for a seminar before and everything that was taught was what I knew already. This is for Commercial real estate investing. Sorry I didnt make that clear.

@Peter MacKercher

Good advice. It seems that most who come dressed as a mentor want paid though. I've approached several and there are a LOT that have this program or that system to sell. Even some that have approached me on here offering to "help".  I get it that they have a product to sell. I certainly don't begrudge anyone trying to make a dollar. It would be nice if they didn't dress themselves as a mentor when they're really a paid coach. There is a difference. True mentors are hard to find. I've even offered leads that seem to fit there model nicely to no avail.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you