Networking opportunities in Grand Rapids, MI

7 Replies

I'm new to Bigger Pockets, but love all of the information I've found so far. I'm in the Grand Rapids, MI area and I have just purchased my first rental. I'm looking to buy more in the future and I would like to expand my real estate network. Any suggestions on networking events or clubs in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi @Jeremy Scherer ,

Check out the RPOA (rpoaonline.org) for a great deal of information regarding rentals, and a lot more.  It has a paid membership, but I have found it well worth it.  

Another group is the West Michigan Real Estate Investors Club (www.meetup.com/westmichiganreiclub).  This is a group that currently meets once a month at Buffalo Wild Wings in Wyoming, and typically has at least 40 members at each meeting.  They happen to have a meeting tonight at 6 PM, if you're available!

I find great value in both groups.  However, you can take my word for a grain of salt, since I help organize some things for both groups.  (:  

Hi @Brandon Krieg ,

Thanks for the information.  I will look into RPOA.  Unfortunately on short notice I can't make the West Michigan Real Estate Investors Club meeting tonight, but I will look for info on the date for next month and put it on my calendar.

Thanks again for your help!

Welcome! We just bought our 10th property in Grand Rapids. Love this market. Not as many great deals today but on the flip side there is plenty of demand!! Good luck to you!

Welcome Jeremy, congrats on your first rental purchase!  I'm in Jenison and am still looking to buy my first rental.  I can attest that the RPOA and West Michigan Real Estate Investors Club are great places to network.  I've attended the WMREI club meetings twice so far and have made lots of great contacts, and the people are very friendly, open, and willing to answer questions.  And even posting here on BP has led to some very helpful contacts in the Grand Rapids area.

Mark

We own several properties in Grand Rapids area.  It is a great area for rentals.  We own mostly college rentals and have great luck with getting good tenants.  Good luck to you!

Thanks for all of the support!  I look forward to meeting some of you in person at networking events, and keeping in touch with others here on BP.  I will try to keep everyone posted on how things go, and I will certainly ask for advice or help if anything comes up.  Excited to start this new journey.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you