Meet up in San Diego and/or Orange County

Meet up in San Diego and/or Orange County

Alex CraigBusiness Member
Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Hi everyone, I will be on the West Coast at a speaking even January 8th through the 11th. The plan would be to be in San Diego on the 8th and Orange County on the 11th.  Would anyone be interested in a meet up on either of those dates in those cities? The  discussion would be informal at a location not determined yet about Turnkey investing in multiple markets.  No cheesy sales pitch, simply a discussion of what I do and how I help out of state investors own cash flow real estate in markets that make sense.  It would be nice to hear from people already doing this to hear how their experience is going and if it is not going well, maybe I can help.

Let me know if anyone would be interested.  Depending on how many people are interested would determine the location.

Thanks!

0Reply
21 views

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Medical field · El Cajon, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    I am in San Diego and would love something on the 8th if it was in the evenings since it's a work day for me.

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Yeah, that would be great to have a meet up on the 8th. 

  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Great.  Lets see how many people are interested and finalize plans.

  • Ryan JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 18 votes
    10y
    I am interested as well in an evening meet up on the 8th as I work in northern San Diego county.
  • Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I would be interested.  Would it be scheduled for people like me who still have a 9-5?

  • Wholesaler · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 41 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    I am interested in attending in Orange County. This sounds right up my alley for my goals in 2016.

  • Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    @Alex Craig great idea and I would attend the 11th in Orange County, as I live in OC.

  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Thanks all for replying.  I am going to see how many more people hit this thread today and tomorrow and get some suggestions of where to host.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 149 posts · 75 votes
    10y
    I am located in north county San Diego, I'm interested as well.
  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Kevin Wells

    @Dominic Battezzato

    @Ryan Jackson

    @Joseph Q.

    @Keith Agnello

    @Richard Bastar

    @Austin Mudd

    Wow, this is great, we have several people interested.  Organizing a meet up through Bigger Pockets is new to me. I am thinking the best way to move this to the next step is to get each of your email address.  The plan is to get to San Diego on the 8th and our event is on the 9th and 10th.  I think a email dialogue individually would be the best way to find a time that works best and a location.  Please PM me your email address and I look forward to getting this set up!

    Thanks again.

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2015 · 202 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    I would be interested as well.

  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Hi everyone, we are still on for Friday at 5:30 in San Diego / La Jolla. I am thinking that is a good time to get in a place to grab a table before it gets busy. I am open to 5:00PM if that works for everyone, but was not sure if everyone could get their at 5PM.  I have never been to the area and went online today for a few suggestions.  I was looking for a place that would accommodate a small group where we could all chat, in other words, not a really loud place. I will provide appetizers and beverages.  I came up with these 4 places.  What does everyone think?  I am open to suggestions. In no particular order:

    1. Karl Strauss Brewing Company in Lo Jolla
    2. La Jolla Brewing Company
    3. Tumeric Thai Kitchen
    4. IsaBella Artisan Piezzeria & Craft Beer Garden

    I am really flexible.  Let me know if there are better spots, times, etc.  

    Really looking forward to this as this will be our first Bigger Pockets meet up.  This is such a great site to network and learn; I am interested to see what everyone else is doing in real estate.

    Lastly, I need to get back to Memphis on Monday, so I am not able to do the Orange County meet up. Sorry.

    1. Service technician · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote
      10y

      I'm in for the OC on the 11th

    2. Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
      10y

      My vote is for IsaBella Artisan Pizza as the parking is not as bad as Karl Strauss and La Jolla Brewing Company on a Friday.  Also it has great reviews and is closer to the freeway than the others.  Just mind you that El Nino has arrived and the rain has been pretty strong and expected the rest of the week.  Drive safe everyone.

    3. Alex CraigBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10y

      @Joseph Q. @Kevin Wells @Dominic Battezzato@Ryan Jackson

      @Austin Mudd 

      Perfect. IsaBella Artisan Pizza it is. I will order some apps and beverages on me!

      We will do 5:30.  If anyone is running late, no worries.  If everyone can officially RSVP so that I can get their a tad early to reserve a table, that would be great. I saw the storms, really disappointing.  We come out this way to speak at a conference every year and I always look forward to leaving the cold in Memphis and enjoy warmer and sunnier days in SoCal.  O well on that.

    4. Alex CraigBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10y

      @Rick Stevens  Sorry Rick, we will be at the real estate event all say Saturday and Sunday. I would be happy to speak over the phone while we are out there.  I wanted to stay over Monday to do Orange County, but we added kid # 3, which has been a game changer for us.  Between her, coaching 1 & 2 grade girls bball and micro girls bball, I felt I needed to get home.  I hope to do a meet up in the Spring in Orange County and LA.  We love getting together with like minded people, if we get a new client out of it, great! If not, then the experience of meeting others and learning from each other is worth the trip.  Not to mention a excuse for a tax write off trip to Southern California which we love so much.

    5. Ryan JacksonPro Member
      Rental Property Investor · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 18 votes
      10y

      I will be there +1

    6. Ryan JacksonPro Member
      Rental Property Investor · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 18 votes
      10y

      Is this the place on Avati Dr?

    7. Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
      10y

      @Ryan Jackson I think so.  It's the only restaurant by that name in the La Jolla area.  See you there.

    8. Alex CraigBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10y

      Looks like we have 7 so far.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  To confirm address:

      IsaBella Bistro, Pizzeria & Craft Beer Garden

      4011 Avati Dr, San Diego, CA 92117

      Thanks,

      Alex 

    9. Alex CraigBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10y

      BTW: 5:30PM, no worries if you are running behind!

    10. Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 149 posts · 75 votes
      10y
      Alex Craig , sorry.. I was not able to make it to tonight's meeting.
    11. Alex CraigBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10y

      Everyone, thank you for meeting Brian and I at the meet up.  It was great to hear about what all of you are doing and want to do in real estate.  We really enjoyed the evening.  Good luck to each and every one of you.  I would be happy to give my advice if you need it.

      @Kevin Wells great job on taking action.  I work with many out of state investors, feel free to reach out anytime for advice.

      @Ryan Jackson + 1 you sound like a Memphis expert already.  First step in out of state investing is learning about the market

      @Joseph Q.  Let me know where I can help you out, rather it be in Memphis with buy and hold or any other real estate ventures.

      @erica vargas  Ditto above.

      @chris great job on your land deals.

    12. Alex CraigBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10y

      This was the event.

    13. Alex CraigBusiness Member
      OP
      Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      10y
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.