Cash Buyers In Dallas Look at this.

Cash Buyers In Dallas Look at this.

Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 16 votes

Hey Everyone, I want to ask a short/simple question for all the cash buyers in Dallas. Even if you are not from Dallas feel free to pitch in. Do you ever get offended when a wholesaler like myself asks you for a proof of funds? I run into some cash buyers that I've never worked with before, and when I ask them that simple question they seem to get offended. 

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

@Marcus Martinez In my experience, the people that are offended when you ask for POF are the ones that don't have it.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Nothing wrong with that question @Marcus Martinez .  It is standard for well-capitalized buyers to provide it early on in a relationship or include it quickly with a first-time offer.  You have to set your own standards and not wanting to waste your time is about as minimum a standard I can think of.  Once you have an established relationship, it's no longer necessary.  Yet, for a first time offer from a new buyer, you should absolutely require it and not think twice about a buyer who is offended by the request.

    Best to you - 

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Marcus Martinez In my experience, the people that are offended when you ask for POF are the ones that don't have it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 502 posts · 263 votes
    10y

    I agree with @Chris Clothier and @Jason Hirko. I would absolutely ask for a POF from a new buyer. If they get offended, move on to the next one. There are way more cash buyers in DFW than deals, and I want to work with the ones who are serious.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.