Southern California Investor - Turnkey recommendations?

Southern California Investor - Turnkey recommendations?

San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 31 votes

Hi BP,

Does anyone have any good Turnkey recommendations out of California? As an investor living in San Diego, I am finding it relatively difficult to find cash flowing investments in San Diego. Furthermore, because I am working a full 40-hour position, I am willing to do a lot of the analysis work and so on but I would not be able to be fully engaged in the property management process. I would greatly appreciate any insight into what you guys have to say! 

- Eugene 

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Gilroy, CA · Member since 2016 · 255 posts · 195 votes
9y

@Eugene Lee

I used Rent to Rewards which is a lesser known turnkey company out in Memphis. I bought two from them this year. One closed very recently. Great experience overall. I talked with and researched Mid South Home Buyers as well and waited through their wait list. Never ended up buying from them. They were very helpful and friendly. I know there are a few turnkey providers on here including @Alex Craig, @Curt Davis and @Chris Clothier. The three of them are active on BP and offer great advice and help, even if you do not buy through them. 

If you're interested in my experience feel free to PM me. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · El Dorado Hills, CA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    I can't say California is a hot location for Turnkey rental properties. Your best cashflow opportunity is to find something that needs a little fixing up (within reason) if this is your first property. i.e. flooring and paint. Work with an RE agent to target a hot or up and coming rental area and keep an eye on listings that fit your purchasing power and rehab budget. Let me know if you'd like to be connected with someone down there.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    Hi Brett, 

    Thank you for your reply - I know. I was wondering if any investors in San Diego had any experiences with turnkey properties. 

  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 58 votes
    9y
    Hi Edward Alvarez, a friend recommended Alex Craig of Memphis Turnkey Www.memphisturnkey.com. I haven't had experience with them but worth checking out.
  • Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 53 votes
    9y

    Cash flowing properties are out here in SD. Just gotta know or find specifically what fits your criteria. If you need any help, message me and we can talk further

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    there are literally hundred different providers in many states.. cash flow turn key is a mid west product or a product were cost to rent ratios allow positive cash flow with 20 to 30% down.. check Brie's site you can window shop without getting to a squeeze page.

    Alex's shop is very tight I have personally been there for what its worth.. 

  • Investor · Gilroy, CA · Member since 2016 · 255 posts · 195 votes
    9y

    @Eugene Lee

    I used Rent to Rewards which is a lesser known turnkey company out in Memphis. I bought two from them this year. One closed very recently. Great experience overall. I talked with and researched Mid South Home Buyers as well and waited through their wait list. Never ended up buying from them. They were very helpful and friendly. I know there are a few turnkey providers on here including @Alex Craig, @Curt Davis and @Chris Clothier. The three of them are active on BP and offer great advice and help, even if you do not buy through them. 

    If you're interested in my experience feel free to PM me. 

  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Jay Hinrichs, thanks for the vote of confidence.  But how was the chicken? :)

    @Dennis Canon, who is your friend? If you would rather not say in the forum, you could PM me. Just curious.

  • Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2015 · 135 posts · 132 votes
    9y

    don't do it. 99% are a rip off just marketing and selling you the dream which is not reality.

    The best ones that do make it work if you can find them will only get you around 6-7% anyway best case scenario 

    You can thank me later 

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Hey Eugene! I live up in LA and have always only bought out-of-state turnkeys. If you want to chat, shoot me a message. Happy to help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.