Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
17y
I have several homes I rent out for $750. They are all brick,under 10 years old, 3br-2bat and a single garage. This is sw Texas. I have just under 40 sfrs and am 100% full with a waiting list. Things are great here. More renters than ever before. Rich.
I'm paying $650 a month for a 2 bdr in CT. Not a spectacular neighborhood, loud bar just down the street, etc. Definitely trying to buy a 4-fam and get the hell out of dodge asap.
You can rent a nice 2/1 house in an ok neighborhood for $750 or a 2/1 apartment in a very nice neighborhood. One bedroms range from $475-$550; I'm in South Carolina.
The problem we're having is there are no prospective tenants renting right now-just lookers.
In Panama City beach, FL $750 will get you a week at a Condo on the Beach...
If you go in town you really couldn't find much for $750. I checked the MLS and 2 properties where under $750. One was a 2/1 844 sq single family in a so,so area renting for $650 and another for $700 out in the middle of no where a 3/1 1220 sq. Both are built in the 40's.
You could rent a 2/1 in an ok neighbourood for that in Austin, TX. Downtown for that I think you could probably get a small 1 bedroom or studio apartment.
General Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2008 · 100 posts · 7 votes
20y
You can rent/lease at brand new BMW 750I for $750 per month. It just might make a very luxurious home. :D
But in our area - you can get a 2/1 apartment (750 - 900 sf) in a nice area for $750.00 per month or less - that's the metro Phoenix area. You can get homes for the same price probably 3 bedroom. And even get a brand new apartment for that price. Lots to pick from. I think our rents dropped a bit with all the house buying and may rise as people need places to live and can't afford a house.
here in jax,fl it will get you a decent 2/1 or 2/2. or a 3/2 in the bad parts of town. luxury apartment downtown or at beach will be $1100+ for 1/1. 3/2 SFR in good suburbs will be $1100+.
Bailey, CO · Member since 2009 · 36 posts · 1 vote
17y
You can also get a decent house rental with that amount especially in the down town area. But it doesn't matter as long as your family got a shelter that it is clean and comfortable to go home with.
Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
17y
I have several homes I rent out for $750. They are all brick,under 10 years old, 3br-2bat and a single garage. This is sw Texas. I have just under 40 sfrs and am 100% full with a waiting list. Things are great here. More renters than ever before. Rich.
Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 671 votes
17y
I just rented a nice 1br in a four family building on the Eastside of Milwaukee for $750. It has rare garage parking, new everything, dishwasher, onsite laundry, and a decoritive fireplace. It is about 600 s.f.. The bedroom is about 9x12 though, not big enough for my queen sized bed.
Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 86 votes
17y
Jon,
It would depend on exactly where the land is. In my town, property goes for around $3K an acre and if you put a $65K home on the property and your septic has been upgraded, it would sell for maybe $200K.
That same property in the town where I grew up which is around 20 miles north and all low lying swamp land, would go for $120- $150K. As far as farming value, not really. We have plenty of over grown pastures that can leased very cheaply. Actually, there would be more value leasing it for hunting purposes.
The reason you could rent it so cheaply is because most people who are willing to pay $700 + in rent, can go out and buy a cheap home for a lot less.
As an example, I bought my home which is a 3bd / 2 bath on 5 1/2 acres for $92k, 7 years ago. At the time, the area was the place to be due to our GM plant going full steam and it's near a main freeway. Not many renters see the value in living on 25 acres, so it would be much harder to rent, then let's say 1 acre and a house.
The house right next to me is a 4 bd / 2 bath on 10 acres and it's rented out for $450 a month. The renters are renters, they have no desire to farm the land or raise any kind of live stock, they just wanted to be in the country and have their kids go to a good school system.
Involved In Real Estate · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 44 votes
17y
In Portland, Oregon you'd be able to find a studio or smaller 1 br inside the city for somewhere between $675-750, but it might require some patience. The good news is that we don't really have bad neighborhoods (at least not if you've ever lived somewhere else).
Going outside the city, you can find a ton of 2br apartments in complexes.
Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
17y
You can get a $40K-60K brick house 3/1 built in the 50's in Center point, AL (Birmingham) for that much - $750 a month. In contrast, I have a tiny studio guest unit in my own residence in California that is being rented for $995 a month. Which is the same amount I rent out one of my houses 3/2 in Round Rock, TX.