What will $750 Rent in Your City??

What will $750 Rent in Your City??

Member since 2008 · 100 posts · 6 votes

Looking forward to seeing if $750 / month can get any decent housing to rent in different parts of the country / world!

What can you rent for $750 in your city?

1Reply
113 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
17y

I have several homes I rent out for $750. They are all brick,under 10 years old, 3br-2bat and a single garage. This is sw Texas. I have just under 40 sfrs and am 100% full with a waiting list. Things are great here. More renters than ever before. Rich.

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · East Aurora, NY · Member since 2009 · 70 posts · 22 votes
    17y

    One of my houses in Buffalo (3 br) rents for $475/mo. For $750 you can move to the burbs and get a 3 br

  • Accountant · Sydey, NSW · Member since 2009 · 105 posts · 24 votes
    16y

    A room only in a poorer part of Sydney (Australia).

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    Posted: 06/11/2009 at 07:06AM 1 vote

    The following users voted for this post: Jon Klaus
    I have several homes I rent out for $750. They are all brick,under 10 years old, 3br-2bat and a single garage. This is sw Texas. I have just under 40 sfrs and am 100% full with a waiting list. Things are great here. More renters than ever before. Rich.

    This thread is a year old. I reposted a 6-2009 post of mine. Still the same. I wonder what is happening in other locations a year later? Lots of pressure downward on rental rates. Rich

  • Wholesaler · Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, FL · Member since 2009 · 185 posts · 33 votes
    16y

    Quality 3/2/2 from $600 a month. Want a inground pool in a lanai and a home only 3 years old? That will cost you a whopping $750-$850

  • Real Estate Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2008 · 172 posts · 37 votes
    16y

    $750 will get you a single story 2 or 3 bedroom with 1 or 1,5 bathroom in a decent working class neighborhood in Cincinnati. Those houses only cost 30-40k if you're buying right. I once brought a 3 family foreclosure for 20k and rented it out for $1,500. Pretty good cashflow.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mt. Pleasant, SC · Member since 2010 · 257 posts · 130 votes
    16y

    In Charleston, SC - maybe a 3/1 rancher in a decent working class neighborhood, probably more like 800-850.

    Newspaper reports today that average rents are up 9.6% year-over-year. Nice to live in a rapidly growing area!

  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    16y

    Ok, so here is an update. Back in September last year one of my guest units here in Southern Cali got vacant. The unit was previously rented for $1,300 a month. After couple of months advertising, I manage to rent it for a reduced rent at $1,160. Today, I issued an eviction notice to the tenant after not receiving April rent (The tenant substituted the rent with excuses).
    I have another unit that was rented until December 09 for $995. I could not find a tenant for that price and at this point, it is not rented. My wife's son is moving in...
    My four section 8 SFRs in Alabama are strong so far. My two SFRs in Texas are killing me since the taxes went up big time and I hope to be able to raise rent a bit to offset some of it. Oh well,,, such is life...

  • OR · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 845 votes
    16y

    $750? In Bend Oregon, which is a ski resort town, you can get a 3 bedroom, 2 bath in a middle class neighborhood, on a small lot. Probably a garage, dishwasher, laundry hook ups. Or a decent duplex.

    That house would have brought 900-950 a couple of years ago.

    My last vacancy had the rent dropped from $850 to $650 before I even got any phone calls, and I only got 2 lookers. Fortunately one of them wanted the house and qualified (barely). That's a 2 bed 2 bath 1350 sq ft on 1/3 acre, 1/2 a block from the river right where there are a lot of recreational activities.

    There are simply no renters out there, no matter what the rent price is.

  • Member since 2010 · 156 posts · 65 votes
    16y

    In Central Texas I can get a decent 2 bed 2 bath apartment or in my case a little bit older 2 bed 1 bath duplex (I gave up the newer place and extra bathroom for a huge backyard.)

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2008 · 105 posts · 69 votes
    16y

    $750 in NYC will get you a self storage unit :-)
    Still not cheap here

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    You could find a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment depending on the area of Seattle. It would not be great but it would definitely be livable.

    $750/mo would be to little to rent any houses that I am aware of.

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Where I live, $750 rents a 2/2 duplex, triplex or 4plex unit. Many older mobile homes rent for that. sw Colorado

    Investments I have in the Fresno/Visalia, CA area, in lower middle class neighborhoods rent for that.

    600 Square foot 1/1 in South Santa Ana, CA rent for 800.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Lansing, MI · Member since 2010 · 117 posts · 32 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Pam Hudson:
    Looking forward to seeing if $750 / month can get any decent housing to rent in different parts of the country / world!

    What can you rent for $750 in your city?

    In Lansing, Michigan $750 will get you a very nice two bedroom apartment and depending on where you look a small two bedroom or three bedroom house as a rental property.

  • Lincoln, NE · Member since 2008 · 249 posts · 46 votes
    16y

    In Lincoln, Ne. for $750, a 3 bedroom 1 bath older house in a moderate neighborhood.

  • Real Estate Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2008 · 234 posts · 53 votes
    16y

    In Toledo, Ohio $750 will get you a 3 bedroom (2 if it's larger and in a very nice area) house. Really just depends on the area and school district.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.