Huntsville, Alabama Multifamily Investing

53 Replies

Hello fellow investors!

I am looking to meet people who are active in the Huntsville, Alabama market. I would like to attend some real estate networking events if there are any currently, or start one if not. I would love to talk to people involved in property management and multifamily investing as well as commercial brokers and lenders, mortgage officers, etc.

I want to understand the Huntsville market and get a more complete picture of what is happening in the city. I have some baseline data but I want to learn all the little things that makes it great to people who are already investing there! 

I look forward to meeting some new people, let's talk real estate!

Be blessed, be relentless

Hey @Caleb Bryant
I am more so in the same situation as you and have been looking in the Huntsville area as I have seen some good looking cash flow deals on multi family out that way. I am currently living in Panama City, FL but have a few friends in Huntsville. One of which is a Realtor for Management Apex in that area.
Let's connect and share any leads we may come across to progress our contacts and any potential investments in that area!
I would love to pull a few multi families in the area.

I am pursuing 20+ unit multifamily properties in Huntsville right now.   If you are interested, maybe we should organize a meetup sometime in January for folks interested in multifamily in the area.  I'm interested in connecting with other active investors in this area as well with interest in larger 5+ unit properties.

@Tobias Falzone That sounds like a fantastic idea! Have you had any success with leads in the area to this point? I've seen plenty of on the market deals but I'm looking for the properties that need a little more effort for a little more return vs the turn-key. 

@Zachary C. do you know any other area investors who would want to be a part of a meet up? 

@Caleb Bryant I could reach out to some of my friends that would be interested. They aren't on here and wouldn't see the post otherwise. There are a few locals on here that stay active on BP as well. There are some local investor/networking clubs in the area but I haven't made it to any of the REI ones yet because there has always been a scheduling conflict.

@Tobias Falzone That sounds like a fantastic idea! Have you had any success with leads in the area to this point? I've seen plenty of on the market deals but I'm looking for the properties that need a little more effort for a little more return vs the turn-key. 

@Zachary C. do you know any other area investors who would want to be a part of a meet up? 

Hey @Caleb Bryant , I live in the Huntsville/Madison area. I would be up for meeting local investors. There is a local REIA I go to called MCREIA, the next one is Nov. 14th at 6pm.

Count me in, I'm interested in MFH in Huntsville area in 2018.

@Matthew Callahan Sounds like a plan! If you are ever visiting Huntsville let me know and I'll try to connect, in the mean time you are welcome to send me a PM with contact info. 

Nice to meet you @Cameron Small thanks for the tip, do they have a website or Facebook group?

@Caleb Bryant there website is http://madisoncountyreia.com and they also have a facebook page.  Zack the president of the club uses meetup.com to schedule all the meetings.

@Zachary C. I’ll reach out. I invest in Birmingham and interested in learning more about Huntsville.

@Caleb Bryant My wife and I are novice investors in Los Angeles and looking to remote invest, and would even consider partnering with like minded folks.  We are looking for either apartment buildings 10-20+ units or high quality property with lower number of units.  We like Huntsville as it's on the up, but seems to be a shortage of good apartment buildings for sale.  We currently have two single family rentals here in LA and manage them ourselves, but this is a tough cash flow market.

Originally posted by @Lane Kawaoka :

Zachary C. I’ll reach out. I invest in Birmingham and interested in learning more about Huntsville.

I look forward to it!

I have also been interested in Huntsville.  I’ve spent a lot of time researching the area and it looks promising.  I’ve spoken with a couple real estate brokers, was thinking about a trip out there to check out the area and maybe see some properties.  Was considering 10+ units, would be interested in considering a joint venture with the right people....

@Mike Mitchell If you do make a trip let me know! I'd love to meet up and talk RE goals. Feel free to reach out anytime!

@Brian Reynolds This is the first thing I noticed about Huntsville about a year ago and then the job growth 

Anyone have experience building a property instead of buying/rehabbing?  It's usually more expensive, but it's designed to modern tastes and specs, much less repairs costs and higher rents.  Just brainstorming...

Thanks Caleb, I'll let you know if I head out there.... 

@Caleb Bryant . I'm actively pursuing apartment deals in Huntsville ... have had some LOI's out but still trying to get one to stick. A lot of interest & growing competition in Huntsville as you can tell from the responses on this thread. My family is from there, so it's a natural place for me to invest. I live in Brentwood ... let's link up and and discuss our efforts.

@Caleb Bryant - A lot of what I'm seeing some on the market are deals that people bought empty or nearly empty after the recession that have already been repositioned.  Vacancy is down so a lot more properties are stabilized and financeable.  Direct marketing for deal is going to yield better results.

@Brian Reynolds - No experience with new construction here, but I have seen rents much higher for newer complexes.  Its probably worth looking into if you can find all in constructions costs under, but I would prefer to buy and existing property because it is inherently less risky.

I've been networking with brokers on MF and there are a ton of off market deals to be had in Huntsville and paths to progress are going W and SE. A lot of opportunity especially for the larger deals.

@Jordan Butz hi Jordan
Would you be able to share contact info on a few of the brokers in Huntsville? I am selling a property in January and will be looking for an upleg for our 1031 exchange. Wondering what I can buy for $3-4M in that area.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here