Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Scott Radetich
  • Investor
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
When has an LLC actually saved your ASSets?

Scott Radetich
  • Investor
  • Portland, OR
Posted Nov 16 2017, 11:08

I'm getting to the point where i should start to look into what an LLC can do for me. My wife really wants to set one up but I can't think of a scenario where i'd be sued for more than I'm already covered. I honestly think for me to get sued and lose a million dollar plus judgment, I'd really need to be negligent, and i'm just not that. But the thing is, you don't know what you don't know,,,

What i'm looking for is some real world examples of when you, or someone you personally know, has been sued and lost, and i don't mean lost 15k I'm talking real money, six/seven figures.  

I want to hear about why you got sued, how you lost, who's fault it really was, and if you had an LLC, how good of a job it did to protect your assets. And for those that didn't have an LLC, how did that worked out with using your insurance (umbrella policy and homeowners).

Help me out, convince me i need this thing. I'm not interested in what it can do for estate planning, just how it has protect others from litigation vs their normal insurance coverage.

Loading replies...