OOS Brrrr: too risky? Thoughts?

1 Reply

anyone ever do a BRRRR OOS? Curious how it was approached considering the lack of ability to regularly visit and monitor progress. I have contacts who will take on the management of the project to aid in monitoring etc but I'd like to hear if anyone has stories on their BRRRR OOS to help me learn some perspectives I may not have thought about.

Or is it simply just not a good idea?

Thoughts?!

I PERSONALLY HAVE NEVER DONE IT. so i will start by saying that. But i guess the first question would be Have you done a BRRRR in general? then you have some experience. If not it probably wouldn't be suggested to do you first one OOS because your not over seeing anything of the project. Unless A. you have a job in which gives you some free time to go down and over see operations. OR B. you have someone you know and TRUST (family member, close friend, partner) that could over see day to day. I just feel as if there is a lot of unknowns in this situation. Having a management company to look over could be good if you TRUST them enough OR have done work with them before. In regards to myself, if it was me i would want to over see day to day operations to make sure things are going the way i want them. If they aren't then I can figure out a way to change that since i am there. I have heard a story or two of people having the management company sending video walk thru of day to day operation but a video may not be the best way to visually see things. DOESN'T mean they wont miss anything.

Hope this able to give you a little info from an outside source. 

-James

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here