Birmingham AL Neighborhood Opinions

Birmingham AL Neighborhood Opinions

Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone invested in long term rentals in Forestdale/Adamsville? What about Hueytown? I know most of West Birmingham is very rough like Fairfield and Midfield but what about past those? Crime rates seem comparatively low but I would like opinions from people with rentals in those areas. Any other areas that aren't high crime but still inexpensive?

I live in Birmingham I'm about to buy a house in Crestwood North I am available almost any weekend to meet up or be boots on the ground for an out of state investor. Looking forward to the discussion.

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 15 votes
7y

In agreement with the above post. I think West Birmingham, and those neighborhoods you noted, will present solid price/rent ratios as long as you do you're homework and know the street/neighborhood you're buying in.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2016 · 315 posts · 206 votes
    7y

    JOBS are in west Jefferson county. All you have to do is ride by the new Amazon warehouse of

     8500000 sq ft.  Lots of $12-15 hour jobs there. These nice folks need good places to live. I like Hueytown. Hueytown has better schools than Bessemer. 

    Good luck JP


  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    In agreement with the above post. I think West Birmingham, and those neighborhoods you noted, will present solid price/rent ratios as long as you do you're homework and know the street/neighborhood you're buying in.

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2016 · 315 posts · 206 votes
    7y

    I was in Hueytown this morning and stopped at a quick mart and I spoke with a postal worker about the neighborhood, He said no problems at all compared to Bessemer next door were he worked previously  and I will just leave it there on that.

    When you are looking at areas to buy drive around and talk to people that are working these streets everyday such as postal workers and utility workers. They know what is going on just like the police and the fireman.

    I have come to the conclusion that stay away from:

    B&B neighborhoods ( Boarded up and burned out).

    S&S neighborhoods ( Shooting & Stealing)

    Good luck JP

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Brice Bishop @Tae Kim

    I have had some luck with properties in Centerpoint and I have one an Helena but that's more of a A class place. 

    Stay away from ensley.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Sorry to hijack the thread but any opinions on Roebuck Springs area?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.