Owners & managers pushing sustanability and going green thinktank

Owners & managers pushing sustanability and going green thinktank

Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 1 vote

Similar to what Al was explaining in ep 8 of the BP podcast, I'm also trying to think of ways to reduce expenses or increase income avenues with multi family properties. Although I do not own property yet, I'd like to have my business have a strong focus on going green and with that said I wanted to get some feedback from the BP community. Have any owners/property managers at multi family properties thought of any efforts that would make your properties more profitable while also helping the environment?

There's plenty of sun in Houston so I'm thinking solar can have great potential, also some decent wind so maybe wind turbines if somehow possible. Would starting a recycling program that collects cans/bottles to trade for cash be a good idea? What about composting and seeing if a partnership with mulch/landscaping companies could be possible. 

I have a few other ideas I would love to bounce around but I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say about this. 

P.S. I really want to know if Al was able to achieve his goal of revolutionizing the business

#Hustlin 

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    The only "Green" I'm interested in is the kind that goes in my pocket!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Christian Noesi:

    Similar to what Al was explaining in ep 8 of the BP podcast, I'm also trying to think of ways to reduce expenses or increase income avenues with multi family properties. Although I do not own property yet, I'd like to have my business have a strong focus on going green and with that said I wanted to get some feedback from the BP community. Have any owners/property managers at multi family properties thought of any efforts that would make your properties more profitable while also helping the environment?

    There's plenty of sun in Houston so I'm thinking solar can have great potential, also some decent wind so maybe wind turbines if somehow possible. Would starting a recycling program that collects cans/bottles to trade for cash be a good idea? What about composting and seeing if a partnership with mulch/landscaping companies could be possible. 

    I have a few other ideas I would love to bounce around but I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say about this. 

    P.S. I really want to know if Al was able to achieve his goal of revolutionizing the business

    #Hustlin 

     Solar is hard to justify when you pay $.04/KW. 

    Our green efforts have to have an ROI component. So we'll replace window units with ductless. Replace old lights with LED, etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.