Similar to Rich Dad Education Software??

Similar to Rich Dad Education Software??

CA · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 0 votes

So I just got home from my RDE 3 day seminar, and it was worth it for $199; however, they demonstrated this software called Rich Dad Real Estate Success Software that is not included in the basic training.. I really like the software, and I was wondering if there are similar programs like this..

Here's a link the you guys can check out:

http://richdadeducation.com/Ress.aspx

Watch the videos, and you'll see how great it is..

Here are the features:

Searching for properties: Adding to my properties and property analysis
Understanding the core functions of this powerful software.

Learn how to conduct a basic property search and get details on the owner, property characteristics, and sales and tax information.

View the property and surrounding areas using one of several available maps: aerial, hybrid, street views, and value heat map.

View details on comparable and neighboring properties, sales reports, and community profiles.

Use the analysis wizard to calculate mortgage and closing costs, total rehab and improvement expenses, and monthly income and operating expenses.



Finding Profitable Real Estate Trends
See how RESS technology helps you pinpoint future profit potential.

View powerful ways to spot trends and analyze their potential.

Compare trends in different markets and I.D. the strongest.

Use the Microsoft Virtual Earth trending heat map to locate, view, and compare selected areas and properties.

Know the bottom line impact of key metrics including estimated value, square foot, lot size, bedrooms, and more.

Form growth projections for 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years.



Tools: Contacts and Contracts
See how RESS tools can make managing your real estate business easier and more efficient.

Keep vital contact information in one location complete with search functionality.

View a comprehensive assortment of ready-made contracts and forms.

Use the Autofill function to save time and energy when preparing contracts and agreements.

Assemble and print out your Financial Statement with the touch of button.



Calculators and Glossary
Explore multiple tools that can help you build and manage your growing real estate portfolio.

Use the Mortgage Calculator to find out how much you will pay for your mortgage.

Determine if a prospective renter is a potential buyer using the Home Affordability Calculator.

Calculate total interest as well as interest saved with the Mortgage Accelerator based on standard, bi-weekly, and/or double principal mortgages.

Search for and master hundreds of real estate terms with the RESS Glossary.

0Reply
75 views

Most Popular Reply

Virtual Assistant · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 15 votes
9y

Glad to hear that you were empassioned by the Rich Dad R.E. Seminar. Was this a weekend course? I dated someone who went to this seminar and he got so excited that he outright bought a house in full 3,000 miles away in Spring Hill, Florida ( Sink Hole Central) in a city he didn't know, without seeing it, without an inspection, without any MLS knowledge, and put it on 4 credit cards. He bought it from an Auction TV cable station (you can't make this up) with a guy in the background bidding him up. He would not listen to me when I told him it was a hoax, he wouldn't listen about spreading your income over several properties, he would not even accept all of my resources that I had to offer him along with expert council at KW ! I went with him to see the house (bad shape, big surprise). He wasn't even going to do an inspection on it stating that he was just gonna rent it out. Really ? I have never in my life seen anyone make such a bad decision. On top of that, he overpaid by $11,000, it needed $10,000 in repairs and he is paying the Termite guy 12% to manage the thing. I obviously had to cut him loose because I couldn't believe that someone would ever do this in real life. It was like a Jerry Springer episode. THIS IS YOUR FUNNY STORY FOR TODAY !!!!

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    14y

    Well Raje, they did their job well and got you excited. You post sounds like a commercial for the product. I looked at the website and I couldn't find a price. My guess is it is overpriced.

    I am sure you got some good information at the seminar. However Rich Dad IS NOT one of the places I would go to further my real estate education.

    The software doesn't appear to do anything that is not available elsewhere. Personally I haven't the least desire to purchase it. I might not even be interested if it were free. My experience is a tool that tries to do everything does nothing well.

    PS: I don't know of another comprehensive software like that but I am not sure that is what you want. The property info is available from vendors like Hains Criss Cross, Data Quick, Real fast data, realist, realquest etc.

  • CA · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Yeah they did in fact got me excited, but I'm no way advertising their software.. Anyways, thanks for the info! I'll look up the softwares you suggested.. Any property analyzer, and contract-making software??

    Basically what I'm looking for is a program or programs that could:

    1. find properties with a ton of info (Like an MLS, but including pre foreclosure)
    2. be able to analyze a properties
    3. tools, calculators, contracts, contact management, etc
    4. syndicate (post fliers to a bunch of websites like craigslist, etc)

    So far, realyields.com from BP is appealing to me.. But I need that contract generating feature..

    EDIT: Oh and the program is ridiculously expensive..

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    14y

    1) Most of those programs I listed will provide property info including sales records for comparables. They also offer the ability to search and sort which often the free public record sites don't let you do.

    2) No software will be able to analyze deals as well as a good investor can.

    3) some of those things are available on this site. Check under resources. There are lots of contact management tools out there.

    I like to customize my contract for each deal. I do some pretty creative stuff and automated contract software would be pretty useless to me.

    It is more important to do deals than to have the perfect system in place. Do some deals first. Then after you have some experience and know what is important then you can refine your system. Good Luck - Ned

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Raje,

    Let me take a wild guess here. They have different tiers for the program. It varies from $40k to $120k. You can have a partner with you. Therefore, your cost is only $20k-$60k. They even show you how to borrow money from credit card companies to pay for the program, right?

    Go to johntreed.com and read up on who Robert Kiyosaki is. I hope you won't buy the program.

    Getting excited is good. Throwing money away is bad. Listen to Ned.

  • CA · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Thanks again Ned.
    Spot on Minh L. The only reason I to went to the $199 seminar coz it's not that bad, and why not. Besides, I actually did learn a lot from that seminar. It opened my mind to be a Real Estate Investor. hehe.

    And I didn't.. I'm wise enough not to sign up to those "Advance Training" programs. I'd rather put that money towards my first house down payment..

  • Johns Island, SC · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    I wanted to reopen this question because I watched the videos of the Rich Dad RESS software and it seems pretty great. It's like a one-stop shop.

    I know, I know, experience is best. But this software has contracts, trending maps, equity scanner for foreclosure/preforeclosures... tons of stuff!! Not to mention your own financial statement integrated.

    As a newbie, I think it'd be super helpful to have software that can help do some of these great things. Also, I want to be able to find preforeclosures easier so that I don't need my realtor for everything.

    Thanks!

    Winnie

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Raje P. - I'm curious, how much is the software?

  • CA · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Dang, I haven't posted in this forums for a loooonngg time now.

    @Winnie Timmons: I actually stopped real estate investing so that I could focus on my college, so I didn't really find a similar software. It's been more than a year, so I would think there will be a similar one out there.

    @Joe Fairless: On top of my head, I think it is $2,000 - $4,000. I can't remember exactly how much. Could be way more expensive (But Looking back, professional software suites do cost around this much).

  • Wholesaler · Hollister, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    is 40$ per month

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Ned Carey

    I think your answer is highly offensive and a bit ignorant. 

    It concerns me that you think you know better just because you are a moderator. Anyway, I was doing a search for the software because I think, unlike Ned, it would be great to have all that info in one place as supposed to having to go fish it out of other places like Ned suggests, he obviously does not understand some people actually value the time savings. 

    Does anyone know anything more about the software, where, how to buy it? 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

     @Ben M. Coincidentally I feel the same way about your post. The difference is I am correct. 

  • Orange CT · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Hi @Raje P.

    I Have the RESS software and i found it useful when you have to do a research from a property. However, this is public record so depending on your city and state is worthy to have. In CT i would say they are accurate updating the public records. 

    I think i would cancel my membership. I can get most of the info online. 

    I hope i did help you. 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    where can i download monthly membership to this RESS software?

  • Virtual Assistant · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    Glad to hear that you were empassioned by the Rich Dad R.E. Seminar. Was this a weekend course? I dated someone who went to this seminar and he got so excited that he outright bought a house in full 3,000 miles away in Spring Hill, Florida ( Sink Hole Central) in a city he didn't know, without seeing it, without an inspection, without any MLS knowledge, and put it on 4 credit cards. He bought it from an Auction TV cable station (you can't make this up) with a guy in the background bidding him up. He would not listen to me when I told him it was a hoax, he wouldn't listen about spreading your income over several properties, he would not even accept all of my resources that I had to offer him along with expert council at KW ! I went with him to see the house (bad shape, big surprise). He wasn't even going to do an inspection on it stating that he was just gonna rent it out. Really ? I have never in my life seen anyone make such a bad decision. On top of that, he overpaid by $11,000, it needed $10,000 in repairs and he is paying the Termite guy 12% to manage the thing. I obviously had to cut him loose because I couldn't believe that someone would ever do this in real life. It was like a Jerry Springer episode. THIS IS YOUR FUNNY STORY FOR TODAY !!!!

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    @Paris, I hope there was other maters that made you cut him loose?... else, you were not much of a friend...an opportunity to fail is a good thing.
  • Wholesaler · Lancaster, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Madhavi Nade:

    where can i download monthly membership to this RESS software?

     Call them and they'll sign you up. Google rich dad education and go to the main site. Go to contact us and give them a call. I have RESS and I use it. It's a great resource. Sure you can find much of the info other ways, but who wants to spend time searching for things that can be found much easier and faster. It's simple, what is your time worth and what is your budget? If you can afford the monthly payment which equals a few cheeseburgers a month, then pay for the membership. But if you have the time and don't have the budget for a membership then go ahead and search out cheaper solutions. Wish you the best!! 

  • Specialist · Marco Island, FL · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 56 votes
    9y

    ahhh, friendship is important but thats the craziness that drags other people down with them. If you tried THAT hard and they wouldnt pay you any mind?? I overheard a teacher say something and never forgot it. My interpretation today is something like.

    "A teacher is a candle,  who dims their light; to light another. AND, that teacher can burn until its out of wax, given of course it doesnt burn out."

    I didnt really get it until I started in the stock market and realized I couldnt light anyone's around me.But everyone is right in their own mind right? That makes me think people are victims of themselves.  That makes me sad more than frustrated nowAdays. I guess even me right? Im a people.

    P.S. My stock picks have been amazing, I'll tell whoever may be interested but you should really hear what I DIDNT do. Its more important. Honestly its probably too late, but itll happen again. FREE info of course.

  • Wholesaler · Lancaster, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Paris Beitel:

    Glad to hear that you were empassioned by the Rich Dad R.E. Seminar. Was this a weekend course? I dated someone who went to this seminar and he got so excited that he outright bought a house in full 3,000 miles away in Spring Hill, Florida ( Sink Hole Central) in a city he didn't know, without seeing it, without an inspection, without any MLS knowledge, and put it on 4 credit cards. He bought it from an Auction TV cable station (you can't make this up) with a guy in the background bidding him up. He would not listen to me when I told him it was a hoax, he wouldn't listen about spreading your income over several properties, he would not even accept all of my resources that I had to offer him along with expert council at KW ! I went with him to see the house (bad shape, big surprise). He wasn't even going to do an inspection on it stating that he was just gonna rent it out. Really ? I have never in my life seen anyone make such a bad decision. On top of that, he overpaid by $11,000, it needed $10,000 in repairs and he is paying the Termite guy 12% to manage the thing. I obviously had to cut him loose because I couldn't believe that someone would ever do this in real life. It was like a Jerry Springer episode. THIS IS YOUR FUNNY STORY FOR TODAY !!!!

    Paris, I've taken the 3 day and people aren't ready for a move like that after the training. That was terrible and not a accurate representation of the rich dad education. I speak as a current student who is an investor in Los Angeles. I speak with other investors in REIA's locally and through conversation I'm able to say that I've been able to share things from my education that many aren't educated on. Not to say that I'm the best in the land because I'm not even close. Mainly because of me being new to the game and don't have the experience yet. I'm just saying that through rich dad I've had the opportunity to be mentored and trained by some of the best of the best. People who have trained some of the best of the best. Again, I took more than just the 3 day course. I actually signed up for the upsale program that cost me thousands. At the end of the day I have no regrets. Do I know that I have other less expensive resources available to me now, of course I do. BiggerPockets is fantastic and I have a few other great resources that cost me little or no money. However, it was my education that opened my eyes to this world and now has allowed me to see where My resources are.

    Your story is both sad and hilarious. He definitely didn't know what he was doing.  I recognize the 3 day training does not make anyone a super investor wiz. My comment was just to speak as someone who has actually taken the next step and signed up. My experience has been amazing and I have nothing bad to say about it. Just wanted to share this with others who may come by and read. Have a great day everybody!! 

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Paris Beitel Wahahaha!! You cut him loose for idiocracy. Priceless! Literally laughed out loud. Did a school remodel back 2 years ago in your area, well, it was Pacific Beach but absolutely loved it! MB is great!
  • Virtual Assistant · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    @Mel Sylvan

    Making good financial decisions and listening to others who have the knowledge and resources are important in choosing a mate for life. This story was just one of 10 Deal Breakers for me and the final straw that broke the camel's back.  Of course, it's none of your business why we broke up.  It's just a funny story on amateur investment mistakes NOT to make that will save you thousands of dollars.  Lighten up !  

  • Virtual Assistant · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    @ChuckJones

    Motivation, excitement, knowledge, and passion is what drives us to grow !  The  RD 3 day seminar provides a lot of knowledge to people who would like to know more on investing, as well as people who may already have an investment property and don't know what to do with it.   I think that it is a great first step ! I am glad that Raje is stoked to be in the business !  Most people would never be as impulsive and as stubborn as the man in my post. This was just a funny story of what Not to do.  This certainly doesn't define "most" people who are with RD program !  Most people do have great experiences and build up a portfolio with them !  Good luck to you !  You probably have your first property already.  :):)  Enjoy !  

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Chuck Jones:
    Originally posted by @Madhavi Nade:

    where can i download monthly membership to this RESS software?

     Call them and they'll sign you up. Google rich dad education and go to the main site. Go to contact us and give them a call. I have RESS and I use it. It's a great resource. Sure you can find much of the info other ways, but who wants to spend time searching for things that can be found much easier and faster. It's simple, what is your time worth and what is your budget? If you can afford the monthly payment which equals a few cheeseburgers a month, then pay for the membership. But if you have the time and don't have the budget for a membership then go ahead and search out cheaper solutions. Wish you the best!! 

     thank you Chuck, I just want to try for a month, hopefully can access without being their student

  • Real Estate Professional · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 17 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Raje,

    Go to johntreed.com and read up on who Robert Kiyosaki is. I hope you won't buy the program.

    Do you think the Rich Dad book is not valid or useful? I honestly thought it was eye-opening about money and finances, but I am naturally skeptical about everything. What is your position about it? I read some article from the website you suggested and I wonder if I have been tricked somehow.

    Also, most of the RE investor hosted in the BP podcast, quote the book or mention it as their favorite or life changing. There must at least be something good in it, or not? (Definitely not the illegal advices).

  • Real Estate Agent · Spring Hill, FL · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Paris Beitel:

    Glad to hear that you were empassioned by the Rich Dad R.E. Seminar. Was this a weekend course? I dated someone who went to this seminar and he got so excited that he outright bought a house in full 3,000 miles away in Spring Hill, Florida ( Sink Hole Central) in a city he didn't know, without seeing it, without an inspection, without any MLS knowledge, and put it on 4 credit cards. He bought it from an Auction TV cable station (you can't make this up) with a guy in the background bidding him up. He would not listen to me when I told him it was a hoax, he wouldn't listen about spreading your income over several properties, he would not even accept all of my resources that I had to offer him along with expert council at KW ! I went with him to see the house (bad shape, big surprise). He wasn't even going to do an inspection on it stating that he was just gonna rent it out. Really ? I have never in my life seen anyone make such a bad decision. On top of that, he overpaid by $11,000, it needed $10,000 in repairs and he is paying the Termite guy 12% to manage the thing. I obviously had to cut him loose because I couldn't believe that someone would ever do this in real life. It was like a Jerry Springer episode. THIS IS YOUR FUNNY STORY FOR TODAY !!!!

    Hi @Paris, I'm happy to help your friend out and buy his "Sink Hole Central" home here in Spring Hill, FL. I've personally purchased over 20 of them in 2016, and would be happy to help him pay off his credit cards.

    And for what it's worth, AANTV is a wholesaler of real estate nationwide (http://www.aantv.com/). And we've both bought property from and sold property to AANTV without an issue.  

    Overpaying for something that was sold via auction sounds more like an inability to control one's emotions than someone being taken advantage of.  That's one of the hardest parts to overcome when buying via an auction for new investors.  

  • Wholesaler · Lancaster, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Francesco Barbati:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Raje,

    Go to johntreed.com and read up on who Robert Kiyosaki is. I hope you won't buy the program.

    Do you think the Rich Dad book is not valid or useful? I honestly thought it was eye-opening about money and finances, but I am naturally skeptical about everything. What is your position about it? I read some article from the website you suggested and I wonder if I have been tricked somehow.

    Also, most of the RE investor hosted in the BP podcast, quote the book or mention it as their favorite or life changing. There must at least be something good in it, or not? (Definitely not the illegal advices).

     Please see my comment above... in addition... Rich dad Poor dad is a fantastic book that really is a favorite of many. Don't let one guy's opinion be more impactful than the many of opinions you've already been exposed to. And your opinion is what matters most. However, I believe people are not talking about the Rich Dad Poor Dad Book, I believe they are criticizing the Rich Dad Education and in this thread, the Rich Dad (Real Estate Success Software). Rich Dad has an educational program that teaches business, stock and real estate classes. Many people will say that it is overpriced and does not teach you anything. I as a student can speak to both its price and what it provides. It is very expensive but in my opinion it was well worth it. It has educated me on Real Estate Investing by many of the best in the country. Many of the gurus have been trained by them or by some of the mentors and trainers in the program. They are a leader in the real estate investment education world. You get your money's worth. With that being said, Bigger Pockets has become a tremendous FREE resource for people who want to learn. The books, forums, podcasts, articles, members, etc.. are all great ways to learn. You don't have to spen thousands of a course if you don't want to, there are many resources available. Rich Dad Education is just one of the resources out there. Most of the criticism that you will ever hear are from people who only took a 3 day class. That class is great and mind blowing but leaves you with more questions than answers and then at the end you're approached with multiple ways to spend even more money to learn more. Well I did spend more, and I dont regret it. One of the best decisions I've ever made. But I recognize that same decision could be terrible for someone else. No matter how much good information one is exposed to they have to execute and get out there and do the work. It's not a get-rich-quick method, even though you can make money quickly in this business. It takes a lot of work and effort but can definitely be done by anyone who is willing to put in the work. Hope that helps. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.