Propstream versus PIN5

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 7 votes
5y

Interesting discussion...  I haven't done any skip tracing really.. but I you look at all of those sites like been verified, spokeo, etc... you can tell there is a ton of information out there tied to every person, people with the same names in same cities... multiple people tied to different addresses..etc...    I'm not making excuses for propstream or pin... but just my personal experience is that I wouldn't expect skip tracing to really be THAT effective.

What bothers me the most is all the companies that market it as "we do skip tracing, you just click here and get the number" without making it clear that it's some computer's best guess at a number based on a million social media sites combined with county records..etc.. 

I just feel like you have to take every claim with a grain of salt...

I used propstream for a year, and I probably will sign up again soon... was intrigued by PIN and the flashier interface, but not excited about the upfront cost...   That said... when I sign up for propstream again, I do so knowing that they rely on data from 3rd parties, some of it's out of date, and I always double check and verify things... but it IS good for the amount of usually reliable information you can get in a short period of time... but always verify after against other sources.

If it was as easy as $1500 and $97 a month like the PIN videos make it sound, then everyone would be doing it.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Perry Hall, MD · Member since 2016 · 586 posts · 598 votes
    6y

    I only have experience with Propstream and I find it to be very useful. But it can be expensive if you're not using it to its full advantage. What are you hoping to accomplish with either product?

  • Real Estate Agent · Skokie, IL · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Jon Kessler

    I would like to figure out how to find tax liens

    I’ve heard that you can get a list but I don’t know how this process works

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    Run from Pin5!  I purchased their program September 8th of this yea. All of their data is old and their skip tracing leads to nothing but dead ends. I have requested my money back only be to be told I checked the box to agree to a 3-day review.  This is not enough time to actually cross verify their program leads. They admitted in an email to me that they know their data is old for Texas and Florida. However, I have spoken with other investors who also purchased it and are trying to use it in other parts of the country with the same lack of success and issues that I ran into.  In short, what they offer is fraudulent and they well know it.  I'm out $1497 currently, but have filed a fraud claim against them to try to get my money back.  

  • Investor | Syndicator | Instructor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2008 · 435 posts · 198 votes
    5y

    @Carol Angelopoulos We passed on PIN5 because our review showed some issues like non-current info. Have not reviewed Propstream but have heard good things. However, to be fair, we also heard good things about PIN5 before we investigated it.

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bill P.:

    @Carol Angelopoulos We passed on PIN5 because our review showed some issues like non-current info. Have not reviewed Propstream but have heard good things. However, to be fair, we also heard good things about PIN5 before we investigated it.

    I have many friends using prop stream that are very happy with it. I am not used it myself and understand there is a bit of a learning curve . They do have a 7-Day free trial if you want to play around with it.  They also offer group pricing for up to five members. This makes it very affordable at under $30 a month.
  • Real Estate Agent · Skokie, IL · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Suzanne OBrien

    I’m sorry to hear that. Wow how do I go about filing a claim we paid also and charged $97 a month for the service 

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I'm currently working through my credit card company since they provided email proof admitting their data is old, at least in the two states I am working in.  We'll see where it goes.  

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    hi this is the honest review of pin5 and propstream so i was using connected investors but as someone else explained there was some inconsistencies with their system as well as there is now individuals on there running scams so i had to leave them then i started with propstream and been with them as well for some time the issues i have with them is a lot of their data is not correct as well and you always have to fact check the square footage of the property or the price sold with now as of today my issue with propstream is i paid to have a list over 2000 skip traced  what they was able to find supposedly was 1980 the good thing they only charge for what they find so they charged me correctly the list was uploaded to calltools for my va to start calling ( now this is the kicker out of 1980 that i paid for 1660 was invalid  so when i reached out to propstream and spoke with steve the mgr he said directly to me they use a 3rd party company and there was nothing they could do about that high number of invalid.

    not only did his response disappoint me for the simple fact i have been a paid member for sometime but now its the fact i feel its a scam as well we are talking over 60% of the list i paid for is invalid come on that will not work  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Interesting discussion...  I haven't done any skip tracing really.. but I you look at all of those sites like been verified, spokeo, etc... you can tell there is a ton of information out there tied to every person, people with the same names in same cities... multiple people tied to different addresses..etc...    I'm not making excuses for propstream or pin... but just my personal experience is that I wouldn't expect skip tracing to really be THAT effective.

    What bothers me the most is all the companies that market it as "we do skip tracing, you just click here and get the number" without making it clear that it's some computer's best guess at a number based on a million social media sites combined with county records..etc.. 

    I just feel like you have to take every claim with a grain of salt...

    I used propstream for a year, and I probably will sign up again soon... was intrigued by PIN and the flashier interface, but not excited about the upfront cost...   That said... when I sign up for propstream again, I do so knowing that they rely on data from 3rd parties, some of it's out of date, and I always double check and verify things... but it IS good for the amount of usually reliable information you can get in a short period of time... but always verify after against other sources.

    If it was as easy as $1500 and $97 a month like the PIN videos make it sound, then everyone would be doing it.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Thank You all for your input on these two pieces of software. You have really helped me make a better decision.

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi I also like Suzanne Obrien purchased PIN in September of 2020. All there numbers are old, I have been calling and calling and no leads whatsoever! 

    Please don't buy PIN5.

    Im switching to Propstream for my business.

  • Investor · Kintnersville, PA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    I pay $15/mo for Intellius and can get most of the information from them. You have to sort through the phone numbers, but I get liens, mortgages, etc. Just a different way to search prop info. Pin is ridiculous. I bought it a few years ago and at that time they didn't charge a monthly. After I refused to pay, they deleted everything I had. Prop Stream is good, as you get a lot of info, but some info is old.

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    3y
  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    I use both Propstream and pin 5 and neither are ideal for the New York, FL or Texas Markets. Redfin, zillow, trulia and realtor.com have more current data. For example, All data for NY in Suffolk County and Nassau County on both platforms lags behind by about 7 months to a year. In those counties neither platform reflect current sales. Lis pendens in NY means absolutely nothing. Spouse A declares bankruptcy which delays foreclosure for 7 years then Spouse B declares bankruptcy for another 7 years so these families live mortgage free for upwards of 15 years. So, their pre-foreclosure data is useless. Vacant properties in the winter run the risk of pipes bursting so avoid those. Tenants in NY are almost impossible to evict even with a great attorney. PIN has excellent Everything reports that bank appraisers do use to assess the value of a property but you're better off working with agents in those markets and getting free current market analysis reports. Save you money. Use propwire. It's free. 

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Carol Angelopoulos:

    @Jon Kessler

    I would like to figure out how to find tax liens

    I’ve heard that you can glet a list but I don’t know how this process works

    I can get you a list of Tax liens certificates from any state, let me what you need.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.