Reviews on R2R and NCH

Reviews on R2R and NCH

Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 13 votes

Hello BP community,

I recently checked out Rent to Retirement after hearing their ad on BP's podcast. I had my first call with Zach and before I dive a little deeper, I was wondering if anyone had had experiences with them lately (as in during 2020 and the whole pandemic situation)? Whether good or bad, please let me know.

This week, I also had a call with Jason at Nevada Corporate Headquarters. He introduced himself as working with Zach and we had a terrific call about the best ways to incorporate my properties to ensure the best legal protection. Although his fees seem reasonable to me, I am fairly new to the game (only one multi-unit so far) and never tried to open an LLC before. So I was wondering if anyone had worked with NCH or had tips on best, most cost-efficient ways to incorporate in Illinois.

Thanks in advance! 

4Reply
163 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Oregon City, OR · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 780 votes
6y

@Linda Tsacalides

Morning Linda! I own a rental from Zach at Rent to Retirement. So far I've been pleased with its quality, my tenant and the team I was given. Zach's business also does a great job supporting you if you ever have any issues. 

It's hard to predict the market. As long as your numbers check out I'd say go for it. 

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Zach LemasterBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 13 votes
    6y
  • Zach LemasterBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Linda Tsacalides

    Sure thing!  We've worked with them for many years, and personally use them for our legal & tax services along with estate planning, SDIRA investing, etc.  So there are many reasons to reach out to them that would apply to almost all investors.  Here are some reviews on them if you wanted to see some more positive feedback.

    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/nchinc.com

    https://www.bbb.org/us/nv/las-vegas/profile/incorporation/nevada-corporate-headquarters-inc-1086-53419

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAWnwFzgbdiTuojpAqHCdBw?reload=9

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Zach Lemaster!

  • Rental Property Investor · Oregon City, OR · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 780 votes
    6y

    @Linda Tsacalides

    Morning Linda! I own a rental from Zach at Rent to Retirement. So far I've been pleased with its quality, my tenant and the team I was given. Zach's business also does a great job supporting you if you ever have any issues. 

    It's hard to predict the market. As long as your numbers check out I'd say go for it. 

    Good luck!

  • Architect · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    If all you want to do is start a basic LLC (in IL), you can do it online in ten minutes for $150. I just did it recently. Lawyer was like, yeah you can pay me to do it, but for your needs it's so easy, save the money and do it yourself. I think 10 biz days to process and like another $50 to expedite it. Sounds like you may be doing something more complicated, S-series or something, though.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Joseph Crunkilton, this is great feedback!

    @Brian H., awesome to read, thank you! actually, right now, i only have one multi-unit to incorporate so it sounds like i could definitely be able to handle on my own. 

  • Architect · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I'm learning all this stuff right now. Start the LLC, get EIN # (if needed), register with state, get Chicago business license (I think?), etc.
    https://www.llcuniversity.com/...

  • Investor · Okinawa Japan · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Linda Tsacalides:

    Hello BP community,

    I recently checked out Rent to Retirement after hearing their ad on BP's podcast. I had my first call with Zach and before I dive a little deeper, I was wondering if anyone had had experiences with them lately (as in during 2020 and the whole pandemic situation)? Whether good or bad, please let me know.

    This week, I also had a call with Jason at Nevada Corporate Headquarters. He introduced himself as working with Zach and we had a terrific call about the best ways to incorporate my properties to ensure the best legal protection. Although his fees seem reasonable to me, I am fairly new to the game (only one multi-unit so far) and never tried to open an LLC before. So I was wondering if anyone had worked with NCH or had tips on best, most cost-efficient ways to incorporate in Illinois.

    Thanks in advance! 

    Hello Linda,

    I recently began correspondence with Justin at NCH regarding establishment of an LLC for my 2 SFRs in Rockford, IL.  He also mentioned establishing a real estate privacy trust for each of my rentals along with an LLC.  I’m curious as to whether or not you proceeded to establish your LLC with NCH and how the process went.  


  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 13 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Donald Roy Scott:
    Quote from @Linda Tsacalides:

    Hello BP community,

    I recently checked out Rent to Retirement after hearing their ad on BP's podcast. I had my first call with Zach and before I dive a little deeper, I was wondering if anyone had had experiences with them lately (as in during 2020 and the whole pandemic situation)? Whether good or bad, please let me know.

    This week, I also had a call with Jason at Nevada Corporate Headquarters. He introduced himself as working with Zach and we had a terrific call about the best ways to incorporate my properties to ensure the best legal protection. Although his fees seem reasonable to me, I am fairly new to the game (only one multi-unit so far) and never tried to open an LLC before. So I was wondering if anyone had worked with NCH or had tips on best, most cost-efficient ways to incorporate in Illinois.

    Thanks in advance! 

    Hello Linda,

    I recently began correspondence with Justin at NCH regarding establishment of an LLC for my 2 SFRs in Rockford, IL.  He also mentioned establishing a real estate privacy trust for each of my rentals along with an LLC.  I’m curious as to whether or not you proceeded to establish your LLC with NCH and how the process went.  



    Hi Donald, I did not end up proceeding with them. My realtor at the time told me that not only I did not really need an LLC since I only had 1 owner-occupied triplex; but also that, if I really wanted to set up an LLC, it really wasn't hard enough for me not to figure it out on my own. I was much newer to REI at the time, and without much cash so I followed her advice not to worry about it until I have more properties. Sorry it probably doesn't help much! Good luck

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 27 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Donald Roy Scott:
    Quote from @Linda Tsacalides:

    Hello BP community,

    I recently checked out Rent to Retirement after hearing their ad on BP's podcast. I had my first call with Zach and before I dive a little deeper, I was wondering if anyone had had experiences with them lately (as in during 2020 and the whole pandemic situation)? Whether good or bad, please let me know.

    This week, I also had a call with Jason at Nevada Corporate Headquarters. He introduced himself as working with Zach and we had a terrific call about the best ways to incorporate my properties to ensure the best legal protection. Although his fees seem reasonable to me, I am fairly new to the game (only one multi-unit so far) and never tried to open an LLC before. So I was wondering if anyone had worked with NCH or had tips on best, most cost-efficient ways to incorporate in Illinois.

    Thanks in advance! 

    Hello Linda,

    I recently began correspondence with Justin at NCH regarding establishment of an LLC for my 2 SFRs in Rockford, IL.  He also mentioned establishing a real estate privacy trust for each of my rentals along with an LLC.  I’m curious as to whether or not you proceeded to establish your LLC with NCH and how the process went.  



    HI Donald, Did you end up creating an LLC with NCH? Anyone else? I just had a conversation with them as well and am considering some of their suggestions. I don't have a lot of properties yet either so still deciding if I need it and if its worthwhile..

  • Nina ErlandsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 43 posts · 29 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vikram Singh:
    Quote from @Donald Roy Scott:
    Quote from @Linda Tsacalides:

    Hello BP community,

    I recently checked out Rent to Retirement after hearing their ad on BP's podcast. I had my first call with Zach and before I dive a little deeper, I was wondering if anyone had had experiences with them lately (as in during 2020 and the whole pandemic situation)? Whether good or bad, please let me know.

    This week, I also had a call with Jason at Nevada Corporate Headquarters. He introduced himself as working with Zach and we had a terrific call about the best ways to incorporate my properties to ensure the best legal protection. Although his fees seem reasonable to me, I am fairly new to the game (only one multi-unit so far) and never tried to open an LLC before. So I was wondering if anyone had worked with NCH or had tips on best, most cost-efficient ways to incorporate in Illinois.

    Thanks in advance! 

    Hello Linda,

    I recently began correspondence with Justin at NCH regarding establishment of an LLC for my 2 SFRs in Rockford, IL.  He also mentioned establishing a real estate privacy trust for each of my rentals along with an LLC.  I’m curious as to whether or not you proceeded to establish your LLC with NCH and how the process went.  



    HI Donald, Did you end up creating an LLC with NCH? Anyone else? I just had a conversation with them as well and am considering some of their suggestions. I don't have a lot of properties yet either so still deciding if I need it and if its worthwhile..


    I have used and am using NCH and to me, the cost of their services is worth it you have 10+ properties. Consider how much equity you have in each property and also your insurance too. NCH is offering a safety net. They have a lot of knowledge and skills but they are expensive. Also if they make a REPT they just draft the papoerwork, you are responsible for notarizing and finding a title company to record it - so add about $200 to the cost they are giving you. For smaller projects, I prefer working with local companies that do everything for you and just send you the recorded paperwork in the mail. DM me if you have a specific question. I will be happy to help. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.