Wichita, KS Investors

47 Replies

Hey Guys,

Looking to invest in Wichita, KS. But according to census that town has been declining in population last couple of years. Also I believe job growth hasn't been at the rate of KC & OKC. But I heard Amazon is building a warehouse in ICT. I understand it is a good cash flow market but hopefully someone who is actively in that market who can shed some light. Also please let me know if I can help out in any way and I will jump in. My expertise is in deal analysis, Buy & Hold strategy & personal finance. Thanks in advance guys!

Hey @Toby Khan I'm actively buying in Wichita and the surrounding areas. With the instability of the current economic situation I see a lot of opportunity. There are actually two Amazon facilities going in. A fulfillment center and a distribution center, both will be a boon for the market. We own and manage a decent amount of properties, happy to connect and discuss if you have any specific questions. 

@James Milne -Appreciate it. Yep we definitely want Wichita to grow. I believe if the aircraft companies are back then it will be a much stronger market. However I love the fact that Amazon is going in there-more diversify in companies in that area. I have also seen that appreciation kept up at 5% in that part of KS-Wichita being in upper 5s. But best part about that market is cash flow according to my research. Hoping to close some deals there in near future.

Hey guys, just saw your thread. I am a new investor in Wichita as well, I have two SFH currently. I am looking to scale and having trouble finding deals here in Wichita, any suggestions? I'm looking to flip/and or BRRRR. Also, seeing if you guys had any interest in a REI group or meet up? Thanks

Sure! Would love to connect. If you guys are familiar with Richmond Ave (Central & Meridian) I’d like to know if it’s a decent part of town to invest. Someone brought me a portfolio of duplexes and even though numbers work I’d love to know about the neighborhood. I live in Minnesota so this will be a long distance investment and 1st one in Wichita.

I got the second round! I’ve lived in Wichita my whole life for the most part but haven’t been over in the that area too much. I’d say if you have a solid deal and the numbers are right, I’d pursue it. I have heard a lot of Wichitans have been moving out to valley center, park city, and derby type of places, Andover too I’m sure. What about next weekend? Lol 

@Toby Khan

Hi Toby, I'm a investor in the Kansas City area. Wichita is a good market. But I still think Kansas City KS and Mo has the best rental market. Market is continuously stable and rents well. What is your expertise? I'd like to possibly connect. I rehab and also buy and hold.

@Javen Harris - yep I heard a lot about Kansas City. However these days good deals are hard to be found. Especially a lot of Cali investors are snatching up properties there. If you come across something feel free to pull me in. My expertise is deal analysis, buy and hole strategy (creative financing) and personal finance. 

I am closing on a SFH I found on the MLS on Tuesday I will be renting out. I'm in CA and bought it sight unseen. I was able to find a great agent and made it happen.

I am ready to get going on the next deal, keep me in mind if something comes up.

Hey! Guys I am a new investor in Wichita us well so it will be great to connect and chat with you guys. Looking for multi family property in Wichita. There is a lot of deals in  ks city i heard 

@Toby Khan

I bought a 2 bed 1 bath in Wichita.

Krista Ybarra - RE/MAX Premiere

Greg Hall - Caliber Home Loans

Krista is an amazing agent who found me a great deal. Greg was able to get me a great rate and was able to work through a couple of issues that could have tanked the deal.

Apparently, you can’t publish contact info outside of the marketplace...

@Sean Fillmore -thanks for the info! Also if you can get a great PM then you’re all set. I came across few duplexes that I’m looking into in Wichita, hopefully inspection comes back clean and we buy these ones. I believe Wichita will grow in coming years. 

Gentlemen. I was just talking to an old friend who is a real estate agent in Wichita. I am also interested in the area and in research mode. I found a great property but again, still in research mode. Keep me posted and involved. I would love to learn more.

@Toby Khan I live about 2 miles away from Meridian and Richmond. I have lived in Wichita most of my life and I love this city! That is a great location close to downtown, Riverside, Botanica, Cowtown, and The Keeper of the Plains. It’s also close to Friends University and Newman University. I’d be happy to talk to you more about the area. 

@Joe Mathew finding deals is the hardest part, glad you found a good property! The market here in town is very competitive right now. Most of the solid multi-family properties we find are gone in less than 24 hours and usually overpriced. As always, networking and finding those off-market deals is key. Most realtors that I work with will bring their investors deals first before they are listed. 

Hey all, I live in KC but invest in Topeka. I know the conversation is about Wichita, but has anyone looked into the Topeka area?

Any thoughts on the Topeka market? I've seen reports that MLS searches for 66214 are up 99% YoY from 2019.

Thanks all

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you