Anyone else just starting out?

Anyone else just starting out?

Rental Property Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hello, I own a property management and real estate investment company in the greater Lansing area. We are currently in the start-up phase and are ready to take on new clients. Would anyone have any advice that could point me in the direction of landing our first contract?

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Holt, MI · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 19 votes
5y

Hey Stefan, 

Aside from finding people on BP, I highly recommend attending local REI groups. We have a Lansing real estate investment group over on Facebook you could join (if you aren't a member already) we typically have meetings once a month. But with the current environment they haven't been as consistent. Regardless I'm sure someone would be able to help you over there and would be interested.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Holt, MI · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    Hey Stefan, 

    Aside from finding people on BP, I highly recommend attending local REI groups. We have a Lansing real estate investment group over on Facebook you could join (if you aren't a member already) we typically have meetings once a month. But with the current environment they haven't been as consistent. Regardless I'm sure someone would be able to help you over there and would be interested.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Landon Allen thank you very much for the advice

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    5y

    You might consider better defining your target market. Your profile lists several metro areas that are hours apart. That doesn't garner a lot of confidence in your company. How can you effectively service rentals in both Grand Rapids and Detroit?

    Start "stalking" your local competition to see what you can learn from them. 

    Start attending any local RE investor meetings you can find or start your own. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 251 posts · 224 votes
    5y

    Hey Stefan, 

    Best of luck on your journey! While I am not in the market for a PM, I will say the most important thing about a PM is communication. The less I need to prod my PM for answers the better!

    A selling point is probably that you are starting out and your clients will get catered treatment, so maybe that is something you can emphasize?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.