What would you do with $100,000??

What would you do with $100,000??

Annapolis, MD · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Thanks to everyone in advance for your responses.

Here is my situation:

-I have approximately $100,000 to invest in real estate and I want to get as much cash flow as possible.

-My credit score is about 650

-I currently own 5 houses. 2 houses are on the West side of Cleveland "war zones" cash flows about $500 total), 2 are in nice neighborhoods in Maryland (1 generating $500 cash flow, the other, $0) and 1 is in West Virginia $400 cash flow).

-I'm trying to figure out where to invest and how to buy. Maryland is a really good market but the house prices are HIGH in good areas. Cleveland has decent cash flow but in a "war zone". West Virginia is no good..

-Would you buy a few "war zone" houses, try to get a loan for something in Maryland that has a chance of appreciation, duplex somewhere?

Not sure what I should do. This is an extraordinary amount of money to me and I need to invest it wisely.

Please help!

Thanks,

John

MODERATOR: THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR OFFERS TO SELL PROPERTIES. ANY POST OFFERING PROPERTIES OR "HELP" WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE. "BECAUSE I HAVE PROPERTIES FOR SALE" IS NOT A GOOD REASON TO RECOMMEND A LOCATION OR INVESTMENT STRATEGY.

0Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Avilla, IN · Member since 2013 · 796 posts · 769 votes
13y
Put it in the bank and learn to buy creatively with no money down.
See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicole A.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Baltimore County Maryland and Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    If you like Maryland, you should check out Baltimore COUNTY. Places such as Dundalk and Middle River. You can get good rentals for an average of $100K there...probably less.

    I'd use the $100K to pay the downpayment on several properties and mortgage the remaining amount.

    Do your homework and use this calculator to be sure it'll cash flow. I always plug in asking price as worst case scenario.

    http://www.goodmortgage.com/Calculators/Investment_Property.html

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2013 · 111 posts · 28 votes
    12y

    Great resource, @Nicole Williamson. Thank you for sharing that, I just added that to my bookmarks list of utilities!

  • Wholesaler · Florence, SC · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    invest in a multi-unit start small and work your way up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.