What 2021 accomplishments are you proud of?

196 Replies

I am proud of buying a triplex on 2020 and being able refinance this year to a 2.25 and cashflow over $300 while house hacking one of the units. Also I am Proud of getting my real estate license and adding more income opportunities to my real estate career.

We refinanced two quadplex’s and pulled out $174,000 of equity to purchase another quadplex on our 15th wedding anniversary. At the closing, we got the keys to the quadplex and a check for $82k to renovate the new units. First renovation completed on 10/27 increased rent from $700 to $1,300!

We are spinning a negative into a positive. We bought a house for a family member in 2021, and rehabbed it with lots of help from family members. Unfortunately, we lost our loved one unexpectedly, but are using this house to launch our new real estate venture to provide housing security for our children down the road.

Closed on a new investment property in June. Solid tenant on 1 year lease (already indicating a renewal for another year).

Wife became a Realtor and has started her new career (formally an RN)!

We found out that we are expecting a baby boy (due March 2022)!

Working on the next investment property, with plans to get into RE development :)

I quit my 9-5 the 4th day of 2021 and never looked back!

Stabilized my two rentals, and got some solid cashflow of at least $800/month.

Was able to see family >5 times this year, and took time to travel and enjoy life with the new flexibility of non-corporate life

Hi Kaylee!

My top 2021 accompishments are:

1) Starting house flipping (2 complete this year, on the 3rd!)

2) Raising capital for 4 deals this year (totalling over $850,000)

3) Getting my first multifamily deal (8 unit residential)

4) Quitting my job to do real estate full time :)

Can't wait to see what 2022 brings!

I have accomplished my personal goal of no longer working a w-2 job by 25 years old! 

I was striving for this since I was 19 and it felt unreal until I turned 24, bought my 2nd house, house hacked it and lived mortgage free. I was laid off during the pandemic but it forced me into leaving my job at 24, right on target with my goal! My living expenses were taken care of by my tenants & I had money from my 1st house flip to reinvest into more investments! Life aligned perfectly! I found out I was pregnant the same month I was laid off, so the motivation was at 100%! I bought 2 more properties, (1 house & 1 land to built a student rental) with the funds I had, got my real estate license in DE & PA days before going into labor. My baby is now 4 months old and I've settled my first buyer and have my first seller in agreement! Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. COVID gave me the opportunity to put everything I was working towards into motion and it changed my life! I trust myself to achieve the goals I set and I'm so proud to say that!

@Kaylee Walterbach

In 2021, I successfully transitioned my SFR rental portfolio into larger multiple family properties. After making numerous LP syndication investments in 2020, I moved into the active syndication investments as a GP in 5 different properties totaling over 400 units. 3 other MF assets under contract now.

I changed my 9 to 5 job to a closer location only 15 minutes from home where as it used to be 35 minute drive. now Its a peaceful country drive and I work for better folks and I negotiated a 2 dollar pay raise earning 20 an hour! which I know isnt a lot compared to some of you guys on here but it is for me. Also my girlfriend and I are having a baby soon (a boy) and I cant wait!  I also paid off my 2011 Toyota Tundra and am now looking to sell it and free up 15k cash to go purchase our first duplex someday! 

Biggest accomplishment of 2021 was extracting myself and three other investors from a failed JV. It took a lot of creativity and brainstorming to come up with a possible solution. Then it took a ton of hard work with the help of accountants, appraisers, and lawyers to get it done.

All of the accomplishments i have read so far are all purchases or upgrades. Mine was learning a ton from a giant failure.  There is a long story there, but you wanted 50 words so that is 50.

I quit teaching in summer 2019 and got my real estate license. In 2021 I bought my first two flips and have spent 2021 renovating them. One is listed and the other will list soon. At the same time, I have been developing my business as a real estate agent. It has been a very busy and very interesting year!
Growing in this inflated market has been tough. Great deals are hard to find and the ROI has been shrinking as prices rise. Although it took 5 months, I am proud to have negotiated a solid deal that provides a great return and meets the ever dissipating 1% rule!

This month I celebrated 10 years in the multifamily business.  a big jump from seeing myself as a forloughed pilot without work, struggling to make ends meet and find a job.  My wife was only making $35k per year and rent was $750, and me being without work, money, just didnt reach to cover all of the expenses.   Times where tough then. I saw myself appling for a job sheetrocking homes for $10 per hour. Unfortunatelly, I was turned down because i didnt know how to sheetrock homes.  To make matters worse, right after that, I went to the bank to withdraw money to buy a sandwich. ATM machine denied me........ I onlhy had 13 cents in my account! I felt low, very down... i said to myself:  "Life sucks" - i went to our one bedroom apartment, kneel down and cried out  to God looking at the ceiling saying .. "what do i do now!? - i immeditely heard inside of me a voice that said... Get into real estate!, i wiooed my tears, looking up and said, "real estate?" - and once again, inside of me i heard - Yes, real estate! so I did!   fast forward.... nine years later, to the month of that incident.  I ended up buying the apartments across the street from the apartment i lived in, 220 units for $14.5M.  if you would have told me:  John, in 9 yrs you are going to own those apartments across the street. i would have said- you're crazy.  Well, I thank God each day for that experience.  Today we are all over the Southeast, US and have grown the company to several thoudsand units via value add and groundup developments.

In 2021 my companies purchased 304 units of Senior Assisted living and have another 40 units under contract. We also sold a 2 property, 204 unit multifamily, purchased a 116 unit major value add multifamily and purchased an 84,000 sqft flex space. Lastly, I co-hosted the Northstar Real Estate Conference live in 2021!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you