What 2021 accomplishments are you proud of?

196 Replies

Realizing you don't need to "make it" before living out your dream life.

This may sound so insignificant and simple, bit once you wake up to that realization, you realize that you have made it even before you have. You CAN travel the world, while reaching financial freedom, you can live large when you are still on that path. Becoming successful is fun and exciting, even more so than BEING successful.

As a Home Buyer in Greenville, NC, my biggest accomplishment for 2021 was getting my broker license. Cash offers aren't for everyone and we found that we were losing deals because we didn't have that capability. Now we're primed and ready to move into 2022 full steam!

Hey Kaylee! I'm honestly just proud of starting, and coping with fear! Posting here on the forums, listening to podcasts, and reading books have all helped me learn, identify what I don't know, and become less afraid. 

Bought a MHP in December 2020 for 235k. Will refi it next month for 800k at a 1.1m evaluation. It was a lot of work but well worth it.   Pretty proud of that but I have to give kudos to several on here like @Jay Hinrichs for helping me on a bare lot refi. Plus every other MHP pro that I have got info from over the years 

BP rocks. 

@Kaylee Walterbach - In 2021, my business partner and I turned a $100/month income rental property into a $10,000/month income cleaning business!

We decided to sell our first investment property, which was only making us about $100/month, while the market was hot.  We were able to take the proceeds (about $36,000) and cover the down payment and closing costs (about $25,000) to purchase an existing cleaning business in our area.  So we now own a 23-year old cleaning company with a full time manager on staff that is bringing in about $10,000 in net profit a month!

If you or anyone else is interested in hearing more or talking through how someone could do something similar, I'd be happy to share!

Originally posted by @Joseph O'Loughlin :

@Kaylee Walterbach - In 2021, my business partner and I turned a $100/month income rental property into a $10,000/month income cleaning business!

We decided to sell our first investment property, which was only making us about $100/month, while the market was hot.  We were able to take the proceeds (about $36,000) and cover the down payment and closing costs (about $25,000) to purchase an existing cleaning business in our area.  So we now own a 23-year old cleaning company with a full time manager on staff that is bringing in about $10,000 in net profit a month!

If you or anyone else is interested in hearing more or talking through how someone could do something similar, I'd be happy to share!

I like this personally and there is not enough talk on Bp  small business is America.. and being a landlord is a small business there are so many other small business's that make so MUCH MORE cash flow than thinking your going to retire on 100 or 200 a month cash flow per door. 

congrats.. big time congrats.

@Kaylee Walterbach Refi on one of my investment properties. Pulled out $50k, mortgage increases by $125 and property still positive cash flow with the new mortgage payment.Invested the $50k on my trucking business to buy another truck that generates average of $2000 profit/week. The truck value has also increased due to low inventory. Equity may not always be there use it wisely and strategically

We renovated a outbuilding and turned it into two airbnb units that made us an extra $ 40 000 this year.We learned alot about people this year.Question:We have 13 acres in the country that we would like to devide up and build on in the future.Would you guys take this extra income and start paying towards the pricipal or would you save it and devide the land up and get construction loan to build another short term rental house?

Hi Kaylee!

I am the proudest of the fixer-upper that I did with my husband. He is a contractor and I'm a real estate agent. We put our heart and soul into the project and it paid off. We went under contract in one day with an "AS IS" offer, 16K over the asking price, and with the appraisal contingency struck. We were thrilled that our hard work was recognized and we felt proud to deliver such a quality house to the lucky buyer.

Simply surviving, between evictions, vacancies, and lack of cash 2021 has been a tough year.  Back to work and back to basic's.  Adding more cash in and checking off the to do list feels even better after a brutal 2021.  Closing out the year with progress, momentum and a plan!  

My wife and I were able to meet our goals of funding our first investment deal this year with other passive investors to acquire our first Multifamily property. We wanted to be able to do this deal without friends or family, so it pushed us to get out and network with others and building many long lasting relationships.

Happy to have a W2 that takes care of  my family’s day to day expenses, but certainly feel blessed to start my journey with MFRE this year- to pass on ‘something’ and more importantly ‘some-values’ to my children, and create a legacy.  Thanks Bigger Pockets!

We met our goals of:

Purchase 4m in real estate.  Create 52 podcast episodes. Hire Operations Manager.

We were close on the goal of:

Syndicate 70 units, we purchased 90 units, but we only syndicated 46 and took down 44 in partnerships and solo.

I own 14 unit and plan on closing on another 3 units at the end of this month. Since Im not a full time REI I am slowly building my portfolio. It's been 3 years since my last investment transactions, so looking forward to adding to my portfolio and continuing my full time IT consulting career. The right support network has been a blessing and it feels good to continue to push the ball forward. Thanks to BP for giving all types of investors an outlet to share their experiences and stories. I look forward to leveraging BP more for the remainder of 2021 and 2022. Blessings to all!

2021 was a game changing year - my husband and I went from 4 doors to 15 doors by leveraging the power of the 1031! We are out-of-state investors with SF & MF properties across Huntsville, AL, Richmond, VA, Augusta, GA and Austin, TX. Sky's the limit - bring on 2022!

@Kaylee Walterbach

2021 was a year of transformation for the McMillion Family. We sold our rental home in LA, purchased one long-distance SFH "live-in-flip," shifted to a new market with 1 BRRRR completed with the plan to acquire one more by Dec 2021. We also created our business, joined a mastermind, and started a thought leadership platform. Sophia, my wife, and I have done all this while on active duty and moving from California to AL. Uh, and I earned my Masters in Systems Engineering and went from -$11K Net worth to $210K. 

Sincerely

Josh

I up and left my 100k a year job to pursue my broker's license. I'm almost ready to test for that and will be starting my own property management company. I've joined my local Chamber of Commerce and landed myself on several housing committees. Big things coming 2022. 

My 2021 accomplishment I am most proud of is learning how to become a successful real estate investor and learning how to budget my money and be able to save 76% of my earned income for investments. Daily, I'm viewing properties to find deals and networking to build an excellent team. 

We had a renter that was on hospice care. The corrugated cardboard container his oxygen was delivered in was unknowingly carrying bed bugs into the unit (the oxygen company keeps using the same carriers). We were able to detect the few bed bugs early with Smart Traps, via his hospice care provider who sent in the trap. We were able to call in an exterminator and deal with a very small issue. It would have been horrible for our tenant to have to deal with a bed bug infestation on his final days of life. This was a big win for me and my team.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you