Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 14 votes
Can someone give me a gut check on current rates? I'm looking to buy duplexes to fourplexes (won't occupy), 35-50% down. My current lender is offering 4%, no points (great credit, good W2 income). Is this reasonable, or should I start working the phones? If so, any recommendations?
4% on that is great right now. Lock that in while you still can. Many portfolio lenders are beating conventional right now for investments. The lowest I still have is 3.75% but those can go up anyday... Many lenders are up to 4.5% at prime already..
Investor · Idaho Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 935 posts · 629 votes
4y
@Kelly A. For right now that is still a great rate. Rates have been rising so I would lock that in. You can get lower by paying huge fees for paydown, but may not be worth it.
4% on that is great right now. Lock that in while you still can. Many portfolio lenders are beating conventional right now for investments. The lowest I still have is 3.75% but those can go up anyday... Many lenders are up to 4.5% at prime already..
Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 56 votes
4y
At the end of January 2022, my lender is offering just below 5% on mortgages 8 thru 10. I was looking for sub 4% since some of my mortgages are at 4% already from a few years ago.
Is this unrealistic, is anyone finding sub 5% mortgages rates for more than 7 mortgages?