DSCR Loans-How long do they take to close?

Most Popular Reply

Kristen L GarnerBusiness Member
Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 451 posts · 287 votes
3y

Hi Mario, I see an average of 30 days to close a DSCR loan. The largest determining factor is the speed of the appraiser. I've closed as quick as 20 days with a quick report submission and I've had some files take closer to 45 days if the property is extremely rural, unique, or hard to find an appraiser for.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    I typically see 30-45 days, normal compared to other long term financing

  • Lender · Washington DC · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    20 to 30 days.

    15 IF You supply everything upfront: full application 1003, mortgage bill last month showing paid as agreed, all insurance bills not the policies, your bank statements past 2 months for reserves, lease agreement for subject, comparables for subject, purchase contract if purchase or just fire insurance and any HOA documents (Certification/Master policy/HO6), you have no loan modifications on credit or in closet, pay for appraisal fast with credit card and they get inside the next day, no funky clouds on title, no soon to be partners or LLC not documented, proof of deposit check or rent check at closing. Listen to questions Loan Officer asks, if they are great they will guide you to close fast. If they are a call center or new, run.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y

    @Mario Morales it depends on the particular lender, Appraiser, title company and geographocal location. We had one take 6 months and the rates changed two times due to the lenders own delays. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 740 posts · 529 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mario Morales:

    Can anyone share how long it took to close? Any experience worth sharing?

    Definitely depends on the lender and their experience. No reason why you shouldn’t be just as long as a traditional conventional loan, which is an average of 30 days or so.
  • Insurance Agent · Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 9 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mario Morales:

    Can anyone share how long it took to close? Any experience worth sharing?


     Hi Mario,

    I have gone through several myself and it has never taken me over 30 days to get it closed. If you want to play it safe I would suggest accounting for 30-45 days assuming the worst. Did you need help finding a DSCR lender?

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    I’ve closed them in two weeks. Account for 30 days at most.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Mario Morales

    Since people provided timelines what I will add is make sure to have all your information ready and available upfront on what they need. If you send it in pieces sometimes that can slow things down as stuff does get “lost in email”…

    Also communication and staying on the lender during this phase to confirm they have what they need. It’s not uncommon last minute questions / clarifications info to be needed.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Kristen L GarnerBusiness Member
    Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 451 posts · 287 votes
    3y

    Hi Mario, I see an average of 30 days to close a DSCR loan. The largest determining factor is the speed of the appraiser. I've closed as quick as 20 days with a quick report submission and I've had some files take closer to 45 days if the property is extremely rural, unique, or hard to find an appraiser for.

  • Lender · FL · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Depending on the lender it can take from 20 to 45 days. 

  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    I've gotten this question a lot over the years...about all types of loans...and the answer is the same. "It depends on the borrower". We have deals that absolutely fly through the system and we have deals that stall. Up front, we prepare a detailed laundry list of items that we need from the borrower...bank statements, schedule of experience, etc. If the borrower quickly provides us with what we need, we usually see closing within 30 days. If on the other hand the borrower provides us with poor documentation, then it really stretches it out. I really does mostly depend on the cooperativeness of the borrower. 

  • Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
    3y
    As mentioned above, 30-45 days. I broker for DSCR lenders. I've closed in 17 days before, but not enough to advertise it. Usually is around 35. Appraisal and borrower play a bigger part than the lender does often times.
  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mario Morales:

    Can anyone share how long it took to close? Any experience worth sharing?


     It depends how clean the file is. Most take 30 days, but if you have a great FICO, experience, property is permitted, entity is organized, market value, and rental value is there, 14 day close is possible. 

    But the more dirt there is, the longer it will take  

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.