Loans for properties between $30,000 and $75,000

Loans for properties between $30,000 and $75,000

Member since 2024 · 30 posts · 18 votes

In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.

4Reply
159 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon BeardtPro Member
Lender · La Crescenta, CA · Member since 2021 · 261 posts · 157 votes
2y
Quote from @Rob Austin:

In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.


$75K is the lowest allowable property/appraised value I've seen for DSCR. Not sure of anyone else that will lend on a property that has a lower value than $75K.

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon BeardtPro Member
    Lender · La Crescenta, CA · Member since 2021 · 261 posts · 157 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rob Austin:

    In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

    I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

    It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.


    $75K is the lowest allowable property/appraised value I've seen for DSCR. Not sure of anyone else that will lend on a property that has a lower value than $75K.

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rob Austin:

    In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

    I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

    It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.


     Hey Rob, 

    Most lenders require a minimum value of $75k and a minimum loan amount of $55k. You may also need to show STR rental history on these properties from the previous owner if you are looking to qualify using short term rents. If it can qualify with LTR rents then you won't need to show this.

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • AJ ExnerPro Member
    Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2023 · 652 posts · 314 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rob Austin:

    In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

    I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

    It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.


    Rob, 

    I am familiar with a group that might be a good fit, but you would have to purchase a few at once to make it work, as they have a minimum loan amount of 75k on a small portfolio, but single properties at ~$55k would be tough, even for DSCR.

  • Member since 2024 · 30 posts · 18 votes
    2y
    Quote from @AJ Exner:
    Quote from @Rob Austin:

    In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

    I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

    It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.


    Rob, 

    I am familiar with a group that might be a good fit, but you would have to purchase a few at once to make it work, as they have a minimum loan amount of 75k on a small portfolio, but single properties at ~$55k would be tough, even for DSCR.


     A few at a time is totally okay. Could you put me in touch with them?

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    I can help

    I sent a message

  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940 · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 319 votes
    2y

    bridge would be your best bet from a private lender 

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2024 · 700 posts · 284 votes
    2y

    My Lowest possible property purchase price would be $68,750, with 20% down payment and we can allow up to a 2% seller credit attached.

    We can connect if you would like to learn more.

  • Member since 2023 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brandon Croucier:

    My Lowest possible property purchase price would be $68,750, with 20% down payment and we can allow up to a 2% seller credit attached.

    We can connect if you would like to learn more.


    Brandon!! I am looking at a property now at Ohio priced at 84k with 1.5 DSCR. I am struggling to find a DSCR lender to do that deal. Do you think you can do that and also are you a direct lender too and services your own loan?

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2024 · 700 posts · 284 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tahsin Ishtiaque:
    Quote from @Brandon Croucier:

    My Lowest possible property purchase price would be $68,750, with 20% down payment and we can allow up to a 2% seller credit attached.

    We can connect if you would like to learn more.


    Brandon!! I am looking at a property now at Ohio priced at 84k with 1.5 DSCR. I am struggling to find a DSCR lender to do that deal. Do you think you can do that and also are you a direct lender too and services your own loan?


     Sounds right up my alley, let's connect so I can learn a bit more. I do not lend my own money as I am a mortgage broker but I have the resources to get you what you need at a good price.

  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 899 votes
    2y

    @Rob Austin- there  are  lenders  that allow  loans under 75K 

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tahsin Ishtiaque:
    Quote from @Brandon Croucier:

    My Lowest possible property purchase price would be $68,750, with 20% down payment and we can allow up to a 2% seller credit attached.

    We can connect if you would like to learn more.


    Brandon!! I am looking at a property now at Ohio priced at 84k with 1.5 DSCR. I am struggling to find a DSCR lender to do that deal. Do you think you can do that and also are you a direct lender too and services your own loan?


     I have a contact that will do this deal

    • Member since 2025 · 11 posts · 5 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Remington Lyman:
      Quote from @Tahsin Ishtiaque:
      Quote from @Brandon Croucier:

      My Lowest possible property purchase price would be $68,750, with 20% down payment and we can allow up to a 2% seller credit attached.

      We can connect if you would like to learn more.


      Brandon!! I am looking at a property now at Ohio priced at 84k with 1.5 DSCR. I am struggling to find a DSCR lender to do that deal. Do you think you can do that and also are you a direct lender too and services your own loan?


       I have a contact that will do this deal

      Can you connect me? I have a few properties I wanted to do a DSCR loan for that are valued between 80-100k.

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Dave Skow:

    @Rob Austin- there  are  lenders  that allow  loans under 75K 


     Hello Dave, can you share some of them? Im struggling try to find in Detroit MI.

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    2y

    @jose juan gonzales try Mino Lending in Detroit

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Drew Sygit:

    @jose juan gonzales try Mino Lending in Detroit


     Thank you so much Drew! I just call them and yes, they borrow less than a 100k!🙌🏼

  • Robert BarnowskyBusiness Member
    Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    @Drew Sygit Thank you so much for the recommendation! 

    @José Juan González It was great speaking with you yesterday and I know Eric will take great care of you!

    MINO Lending Solutions5121 Reviews
  • Real Estate Consultant · Michigan, United States · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rob Austin:

    In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

    I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

    It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.

     I specialize in loans $75K or under for real estate. 

    • Member since 2025 · 11 posts · 5 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @LaShawnda Robinson:
      Quote from @Rob Austin:

      In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

      I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

      It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.

       I specialize in loans $75K or under for real estate.

      Can you please PM me. I have a few properties.

  • Member since 2024 · 30 posts · 18 votes
    2y
    Quote from @LaShawnda Robinson:
    Quote from @Rob Austin:

    In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

    I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

    It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.

     I specialize in loans $75K or under for real estate. 


    Non conventional? Like DSCR etc.

  • Investor · The Creek, WV · Member since 2014 · 890 posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @LaShawnda Robinson:
    Quote from @Rob Austin:

    In my market there are a lot of homes that are between $30k and $75k that could easily be turned into short-term rental investments. 

    I'm wondering if there are any non-conventional lenders who loan for this price range. 

    It would have to be dscr or something similar rather than conventional.

     I specialize in loans $75K or under for real estate. 


    DSCR loans? Nationwide? What's your minimum?

  • Jake YuskaitisBusiness Member
    Lender · New Jersey, USA · Member since 2022 · 254 posts · 67 votes
    9mo

    most lenders will not do a DSCR loan that low. I know of only 1.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.