Are You Actively Investing in Real Estate?

Are You Actively Investing in Real Estate?

Lender · Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 4 votes

Hi everyone, I’m curious—how many of you are actively closing real estate deals right now? Are you finding the funding process smooth, or do you run into challenges?

I’ve been involved in lending for a while and know that financing can sometimes be a bottleneck. If you’re looking for creative ways to fund your deals or need help closing, I’d love to hear your thoughts or experiences.

Let’s discuss!

2Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Alecia LovelessPro Member
Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y

@Feroz Penangwala I’ve slowed some due to financial constraints. I closed on less units in 2024 than I did in 2023 but I put in a solid offer on a new deal this evening.

I am currently only looking for deals that make a lot of sense and the one today offers 2X the cash flow per unit than is my average on my other units.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Feroz Penangwala:

    I have definitely slowed in the past 18 months. I bought one single-family home and invested in one syndication this year. Part of it is due to a personal family issue, but part of it is due to the high prices and rates.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    @Feroz Penangwala I’ve slowed some due to financial constraints. I closed on less units in 2024 than I did in 2023 but I put in a solid offer on a new deal this evening.

    I am currently only looking for deals that make a lot of sense and the one today offers 2X the cash flow per unit than is my average on my other units.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Feroz Penangwala:

    Hi everyone, I’m curious—how many of you are actively closing real estate deals right now? Are you finding the funding process smooth, or do you run into challenges?

    I’ve been involved in lending for a while and know that financing can sometimes be a bottleneck. If you’re looking for creative ways to fund your deals or need help closing, I’d love to hear your thoughts or experiences.

    Let’s discuss!


     We are buying more than we have ever bought. We invest in mortgage notes (performing and non performing). We are buying 7 figures a month and seeing 7-8 figures in opportunity - so no lack of opportunity in our space. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    Buying is difficult, but there are still deals out there. My company owns about 3,000 MF units, along with some retail, industrial, and Assisted Living. We have only purchased 2 properties since mid-2022 and have another one that we will close on this Friday. It's been difficult to find deals that pencil with heightened interest rates and expenses. 

    As for funding, it has become more difficult as well. Not getting denied, just a much longer process. 

    Our goal is to always buy, but we are only willing to purchase deals that make sense and work for our investors. 

  • Charlie CameronBusiness Member
    Investor · Niceville, FL · Member since 2017 · 450 posts · 366 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Feroz Penangwala:

    Hi everyone, I’m curious—how many of you are actively closing real estate deals right now? Are you finding the funding process smooth, or do you run into challenges?

    I’ve been involved in lending for a while and know that financing can sometimes be a bottleneck. If you’re looking for creative ways to fund your deals or need help closing, I’d love to hear your thoughts or experiences.

    Let’s discuss!

    We are solely working on assisted living:
    - Buying homes and leasing them at higher than market rates to these business operators
    - Purchasing existing businesses with the real estate

    - Developing / building new

    For us, the business makes the real estate cash flow, we can create a massive impact, and the demand outpaces supply and will continue to be that way for the next couple decades. Makes sense to focus here for an asymmetrical upside. 

    The RAL Room Assisted Living Mastermind
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.