Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11mo
I have those in depth conversations that some people don't like to have. I ask people how they are set up for retirement. When people don't have retirement $$, they dont want to talk about it. BUT when people have a few 100k+ they talk about finances pretty openly because they want to help others. I let them know that I have another avenue if they are looking for better, safer returns. "Do you know anyone who might be interested??" They either pass me on to someone else, THEY are interested or they say NO.
Do that 20 times and you will find 1 or 2 solid lenders. It takes lots of conversations to build the relationship and lots of explaining, but it is a great way to fund your deals.