Is there conventional loans for rental homes priced 50k?

Most Popular Reply

Derek BrickleyBusiness Member
Lender · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2021 · 664 posts · 226 votes
9mo
Quote from @Jose Morales:
Quote from @Derek Brickley:

Hey Jose!

Yes we definitely work with a lot of investors on that, most of the times you'd probably want to use a community program because otherwise you run into points/fees limits on conventional loans.  If its helpful though to go through that definitely can, feel free to reach out


 Can I use a community program if I’m OOS investor? What are the requirements?


 Yes you can, generally the same as traditional conventional but it’ll be based on property zip code and value.

Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group548 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Jose Morales:

    Hey y’all! Im thinking of financing rental properties in Ohio price range around 50k-60k. Will I have any luck? Thank you!


     Hey Jose, I have some lenders that I can refer to you! 

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate539 Reviews
    • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 14 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Kerlous Tadres:
      Quote from @Jose Morales:

      Hey y’all! Im thinking of financing rental properties in Ohio price range around 50k-60k. Will I have any luck? Thank you!


       Hey Jose, I have some lenders that I can refer to you! 


    • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 14 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Kerlous Tadres:
      Quote from @Jose Morales:

      Hey y’all! Im thinking of financing rental properties in Ohio price range around 50k-60k. Will I have any luck? Thank you!


       Hey Jose, I have some lenders that I can refer to you! 


       Hi Kerlous! I would appreciate it!

  • Derek BrickleyBusiness Member
    Lender · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2021 · 664 posts · 226 votes
    9mo

    Hey Jose!

    Yes we definitely work with a lot of investors on that, most of the times you'd probably want to use a community program because otherwise you run into points/fees limits on conventional loans.  If its helpful though to go through that definitely can, feel free to reach out

    Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group548 Reviews
    • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 14 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Derek Brickley:

      Hey Jose!

      Yes we definitely work with a lot of investors on that, most of the times you'd probably want to use a community program because otherwise you run into points/fees limits on conventional loans.  If its helpful though to go through that definitely can, feel free to reach out


       Can I use a community program if I’m OOS investor? What are the requirements?

    • Derek BrickleyBusiness Member
      Lender · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2021 · 664 posts · 226 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Jose Morales:
      Quote from @Derek Brickley:

      Hey Jose!

      Yes we definitely work with a lot of investors on that, most of the times you'd probably want to use a community program because otherwise you run into points/fees limits on conventional loans.  If its helpful though to go through that definitely can, feel free to reach out


       Can I use a community program if I’m OOS investor? What are the requirements?


       Yes you can, generally the same as traditional conventional but it’ll be based on property zip code and value.

      Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group548 Reviews
  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 917 votes
    9mo

    @Jose Morales

    I know a few lenders that work in that price range and can share what’s worked for other investors if helpful.

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Jose Morales:

    Hey y’all! Im thinking of financing rental properties in Ohio price range around 50k-60k. Will I have any luck? Thank you!

    Hey Jose, welcome to BP! Short answer is yes, it’s possible, but it’s getting tougher and you need to be really careful at that $50k–$60k price point in Ohio. Most properties in that range today are going to be in rougher areas, need heavier rehab, or come with higher management and tenant risk, and many lenders won’t finance that low unless you’re doing portfolio or local bank loans with higher rates and down payments. That’s why a lot of investors have shifted their focus slightly up the price ladder, especially here in Columbus, Ohio. The macroeconomics are on fire here with strong population growth, job growth, and massive companies moving in like Intel, Amazon, Google, Honda, Microsoft, LG, and more. You can still find solid single family rentals in the $120k–$180k range that hit the 1% rule, cash flow day one, and have real appreciation upside, which is a rare combo right now. It’s also a very landlord-friendly market, which matters a lot if you’re financing and planning to hold long term. So while $50k–$60k deals exist, many investors are finding better risk-adjusted returns by buying slightly higher quality assets in strong growth markets like Columbus. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Jose Morales:

    Hey y’all! Im thinking of financing rental properties in Ohio price range around 50k-60k. Will I have any luck? Thank you!


     Hi Jose, I can share my go-to lenders in OH. Happy to help!

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.