How do I motivate Real Estate Agents?
Hi everyone,
I love this bigger pockets thing, I learn every time I come in and participate. Now I want to learn how to motivate real estate agents. I have asked three separate realtors to put in offers for me in the New Port Richie, Florida area. none of them have even bothered to reply, now I understand that I am putting in offers at 20% below asking price, but that's what I am willing to pay for the properties, the way I look at it I'm exchanging my money for homes, and that is a serious commitment. I want to buy 10 properties in that area this year, but I'm looking to make money, that's why they have to be good deals I know it's going to take a lot of work, but I'm willing to put in the work.
I even had one of the realtors tell me, "it would be good if you could get that property on those terms, but it would be unlikely." This particular property is a short sale, so I would think that this is a motivated seller. Some people are not willing to put in the effort, but I am, so I will keep insisting. I could offer to pay their commission upfront, but that would make it an awful deal for me. I don't want to dog on realtors, I know I have to raise my game and that's why I'm procuring my license, but in the meantime, I always try to speak to the listing agent, I also changed my strategy and spoke to a non listing agent, but that didn't work either, anyone have any other strategies?