Have you worked with Kiavi

Have you worked with Kiavi

Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 9 votes

I am new to RE investing myself  (I've been working with a partner over the last few years helping with rehabs and flips- starting my own portfolio now). 

I am looking at using Kiavi for my hard money to DSCR lending needs and am curious if anyone has used them and what your experience was like? I've seen mixed reviews online

1Reply
295 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9mo

@Lency Chiles I'll say what @Erik Estrada can't because of the no self-promotion rules...

He's a broker who gets paid for his loan relationships, and he knows the nuances of those lenders...who's fast, who's easy etc. Reach out to him and have him quote you a HM/DSCR based on your experience and profile. Use him to help ensure your draw process is smooth, and your SOW matches what a lender can pay out etc. You're asking him to give away what he's in the business of providing as a service.

I've talked to Erik before and he's pretty knowledgeable and helpful. I haven't used him for a loan so I can't give that as a referral, but I can say he's been here on BP for years and he isn't here just looking for business. So see if he can get you the service you need. 

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    9mo
    Curious why you picked kiavi over other lenders or even look to get several quotes from lenders? Doesn’t cost a thing to get several quotes from people. I recommend putting deal in classifieds and have people get you some quotes
    7e investments53 Reviews
    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 9 votes
      9mo

      @Chris Seveney I have been looking at other lenders as well- Easy Street, Lending One....I don't have a previous loan or current rental under my name. I have a strong personal credit score 750+ and plenty of funds for a hard money -- DSCR, and I have experience with large luxury renovations...my biggest hurdle is finding someone that will work with a first timer. The fix and flips I've managed were not under my name, I just got payouts from the work completed/consulting provided.

    • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
      Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Lency Chiles:

      @Chris Seveney I have been looking at other lenders as well- Easy Street, Lending One....I don't have a previous loan or current rental under my name. I have a strong personal credit score 750+ and plenty of funds for a hard money -- DSCR, and I have experience with large luxury renovations...my biggest hurdle is finding someone that will work with a first timer. The fix and flips I've managed were not under my name, I just got payouts from the work completed/consulting provided.


       There are lenders that can do 90/100 on a first timer with a 740 FICO as long as it is a light rehab. They also won't kill you with fees and rates compared to doing a high leverage loan with kiavi as first time investor. 

      LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 9 votes
      9mo

      @Erik Estrada I've been interviewing different lenders - do you have any suggestions for lenders I should connect with that might work for me? (I will be doing light rehab projects to start so I can build relatiships and momentum with my lenders and teams before moving into larger projects) 

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Lency Chiles:

    I am new to RE investing myself  (I've been working with a partner over the last few years helping with rehabs and flips- starting my own portfolio now). 

    I am looking at using Kiavi for my hard money to DSCR lending needs and am curious if anyone has used them and what your experience was like? I've seen mixed reviews online


     I am a broker, so I am biased.. 

    Kiavi has great technology and a streamlined application in-take process, It takes a lot of work out of the broker and borrower's hands. 

    Where they lack, is transparency. There are no guidelines, and everything you present them is really up to their discretion. If they don't like your credit profile, they will not lend to you and give you a generic reason.. 

    They also slash LTVs left and right with their internal valuation process. If you are collecting rent higher than market rent, good luck... 

    If you are not tech savvy, you will find their draw process unbearable.. You request one draw, and they will grill you, if your request does not match the initial SOW. 

    Entity review is also a pain.. If you add a member on to a deal, they will require the member to have entity seasoning as they want to prevent "straw borrowers" 

    Depending on your rep, you will either have a pleasant experience or a gruesome one.. 

    To be honest, there are far better hard money lenders and DSCR lenders than Kiavi. Some investors like to work with them directly, and it may make sense if you are a heavy hitter and do cookie-cutter deals, but if you need a bit more leniency, and transparency, go somewhere else..

    I stopped doing business with them altogether. They circumvent broker clients and the few deals I did close with them, were a mixed bag.. Not really good for business. 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 9 votes
      9mo

      @Erik Estrada I would love any feedback or recommendations for lenders that you've worked with (that would work with a first timer) that offer hard money- dscr. Thank you for your input

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 923 votes
    9mo

    @Lency Chiles

    Yes, I've worked with Kiavi, and a lot of my investors in the Midwest use them as well. They can be a solid option for hard money and DSCR lending, especially if you want to move quickly on a property. As with any lender, rates and terms vary, so it's important to run the numbers and make sure the deal works for you. Many investors pair Kiavi with off-market deals and boots-on-the-ground support to maximize cashflow and scale efficiently.

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 9 votes
      9mo

      @Arman Ahmed I am looking for quick moving deals with my team on the ground. Cosmetic fixes nothing major so we can refinance out of hard money at the 90 day seasoning period kiavi gave me. I'm looking for a lender that will work with someone new (I'm fine with higher rate) and do hard money to dscr. I've just heard that the draw process for the rehab portion can be difficult depending on the lender and kiavi had mixed reviews. 

  • Specialist · NJ · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 650 votes
    9mo

    I've closed with at least 10 - 12 different outfits. For bridge loans, Kiavi is not bad. I've closed in 2.5 - 3 weeks. Again, with these lenders it really depends upon the L/O and the processor. I had an L/O at Kiavi I didn't like. Anytime I texted her something quick, she'd complain. She had her email set "out of the office" half the time. I switched, my new L/O is great.

    As far as guidelines, process goes Kiavi is one of the best for bridge. They are not even close to the best for DSCR.

    • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 9 votes
      9mo

      @Mike Klarman id love your recommendation for a first timer wanting to go from hard money to dscr. 

  • Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9mo

    @Lency Chiles I'll say what @Erik Estrada can't because of the no self-promotion rules...

    He's a broker who gets paid for his loan relationships, and he knows the nuances of those lenders...who's fast, who's easy etc. Reach out to him and have him quote you a HM/DSCR based on your experience and profile. Use him to help ensure your draw process is smooth, and your SOW matches what a lender can pay out etc. You're asking him to give away what he's in the business of providing as a service.

    I've talked to Erik before and he's pretty knowledgeable and helpful. I haven't used him for a loan so I can't give that as a referral, but I can say he's been here on BP for years and he isn't here just looking for business. So see if he can get you the service you need. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.