Local Lenders in Asheville, NC area

Local Lenders in Asheville, NC area

Investor · Manitou Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 25 votes

Looking for locally recommended lenders in the Asheville / Morganton / Lake James, North Carolina area.  More specifically, we're looking for one that does piggy-back, 80/10/10s.  

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
10y

Let me know if you find one! I'm having serious issues with local lenders, mainly because they are running too much volume and can't keep their promises. Avoid the mortgage side of Asheville Savings Bank- they are overloaded with work, disorganized and will cause tremendous stress. The business loan side of ASB (Leeanne) seems much better so far, but my experience there is very limited.

Anthony at Telco seems fairly good so far, but not a great candidate if you're on a timeframe.

Leff Land is a mortgage broker who is awesome and gets things done- but his rates are predictably a half point higher than other local lenders. I'll still use him from now on though since losing a deal due to a delayed or failed loan costs even more. 

I'd love to hear from someone who knows affordable good lenders in the area!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
    10y

    Let me know if you find one! I'm having serious issues with local lenders, mainly because they are running too much volume and can't keep their promises. Avoid the mortgage side of Asheville Savings Bank- they are overloaded with work, disorganized and will cause tremendous stress. The business loan side of ASB (Leeanne) seems much better so far, but my experience there is very limited.

    Anthony at Telco seems fairly good so far, but not a great candidate if you're on a timeframe.

    Leff Land is a mortgage broker who is awesome and gets things done- but his rates are predictably a half point higher than other local lenders. I'll still use him from now on though since losing a deal due to a delayed or failed loan costs even more. 

    I'd love to hear from someone who knows affordable good lenders in the area!

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2014 · 63 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    Chris, I'm guessing you are going through the residential lenders (Jeff Land, etc). If you can qualify, you might try the commercial side of the banks.  That would be Tammie Whitlock at Asheville Savings, Christopher McFatter at Home Trust and Steve Jennings at Carolina Alliance. They are all quite professional.

    Unfortunately I'll miss the CREIA meeting this month, but grab me at the one in August and we can talk some more. Good luck!

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
    10y

    Thanks!  I'll try those folks. Leeanne at ASB has been great so far, but I'm still trying now to use my last three Freddy-Mac backed loans since they're so much cheaper- then I'll go hog-wild with commercial loans.  :)

    Chris

  • Contractor · Candler, NC · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 15 votes
    10y
    Give Justin Arnall a call at Silverton mortgage in the Biltmore area. I have clients working with him on a construction loan and we have all been impressed with their customer service.
  • Sean RichwayBusiness Member
    Lender · Chevy Chase, MD · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 136 votes
    10y

    @Kyle Myers  Feel free to reach out to me regarding the NC marketplace as we would be interested to review your projects.

    Infinity Capital Finance4.48 Reviews
  • Investor · Hickory, NC · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    I wonder if these lenders in Asheville will look at financing properties down the mountain in Hickory?

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Eric Campbell what kind of deals in Hickory? I may be able to be helpful...   TX 

  • Investor · Hickory, NC · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 11 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Steven Muller:

    @Eric Campbell what kind of deals in Hickory? I may be able to be helpful... TX

    Just some small stuff, there's an 8 trailer park nearby with abnormally low rents (even for this area), and a brick quad in Hickory.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.