Filling out Real Estate Agreeements on a computer

Filling out Real Estate Agreeements on a computer

Real Estate Investor · Vallejo, CA · Member since 2009 · 120 posts · 7 votes

This title of mine will not attract many of you I guess, sounds boring.
But if anyone made it so far and is reading this, I want a simple way to make offers from my computer without having to print a real estate agreement fill it in, and scan it back all the time.
Do any of you realtors or people who make a lot of offers use a form you keep on your computer or know a website where I can fill out the form online, type it in instead of writing it in.
Any websites that does that for free?
thanks

0Reply
23 views

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    15y

    I think every contract I've done for the last two years has been these guys: https://www.ctmecontracts.com/eContracts/wp/index.htm. This may be something our local MLS does.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vallejo, CA · Member since 2009 · 120 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    Cool Jon, looks good, I don't know if I make enough offers yet to justify the yearly membership of $200 plus. But If I start making a lot more I will use that one.
    Anyone has any cheaper yet as effective options?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    15y

    Microsoft word has a mail merge feature, but you need to get the document into Word which is sometimes tricky since most docs are .pdf.

    You can see if Adobe has a mail merge feature as well.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vallejo, CA · Member since 2009 · 120 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    Yeah, I think there are ways to switch from pdf to word but when I tried I failed.
    How did you get your contract saved on word?

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    15y

    There are pdf to doc conversion programs out there that will convert a pdf file to doc file.

    I have one called nitro pdf that allows me to do just that. You can find it cheap on ebay or you can google pdf to doc converter and see if you can find one for free.

  • Rental Property Investor · Irving, TX · Member since 2010 · 107 posts · 34 votes
    15y

    As realtors, we use this: http://zipform.com/. There's also a paid eSignature service where we can sign electronically. I personally do not purchase that option.
    Angie

  • Stone Mountain, GA · Member since 2010 · 267 posts · 72 votes
    15y

    Surprised --want to make lot of offers --but does not want to spend $200 for annual membership -- not bad price --even if you make 10 offers in one year --it is worth it

    For me --Like microsoft word--have typed in manually --several contracts and amendements --and I can modify for each offer-- and send via email --except signature --

    yes - there are some programs available with purchase of membership --cost $2500 -- to make multiple offers and anlysis of property

    If decide to get into this as business --need to have some budget and spend some money

  • Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
    15y

    Photoshop can open and save PDF files, though it can only do one page at a time. I've used it to copy-paste a scanned copy of my signature before.

    It's a little time consuming, but saves paper (and ink!)

    I'll probably look into Jon's suggestion if I ever get back into making offers all the time.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    I believe that Open Office (free software BTW) has a plugin that allows for PDF files to be opened and edited; I have used this to make text changes to PDF files in the past (on an older version of that software - newer versions, well I haven't tried to do this yet).

  • Real Estate Investor · Vallejo, CA · Member since 2009 · 120 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    Champak
    you said "If decide to get into this as business --need to have some budget and spend some money "
    I have already decided to get into real estate as a business. Spending money is not going to make you successful, but investing it to save time or money will.
    So if you read my posts, I am trying to find the most cost effective and least time consuming way to make offers. If like I already said I start making a lot of offers and find that spending the money for a service is worth it, then I ll do it.
    But I am not going to just pay for it just because it's there, first I investigate, and that's why I started this thread. I alreay have a lot of great suggestions which I am going to test.

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    Have you tried printing a .pdf file and then scan it into computer to be saved as a word document? I think I have used this on several occaisions - then you have the data available for editing. Let me know how this works out as I am not 100% sure if this was the method I tried before or not.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vallejo, CA · Member since 2009 · 120 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    So far I have succeeded in turning a pdf into word, but now I find that it's not that great to input info on the straight lines of word, I am now going to try to see if I can edit a pdf or see how much it cost to get that function.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    15y

    Michael-

    Here is what you can do:

    1. Download Adobe Acrobat 30-day trial version.
    2. Open your PDF document and there is something that allows to you either convert or export to word.
    3. Once you get it in word, you need to size it properly to fix the sheet.
    4. Instead of trying to input info on straight line, you need to create text boxes.
    5. Then open the mail merge feature and assign each text box the info you want merged.
    6. Create your mail merge source document (most likely Excel or Access).
    7. Then mail merge it.

    If you want to take one step further, you can email your mail merged documents if you integrate with Outlook. If you have an electronic faxes, you can make the email the agent fax number and send out a bunch of offers in minutes.

    I hope all that made sense.

  • Real Estate Investor · Topeka, KS · Member since 2010 · 63 posts · 40 votes
    15y

    Hi,

    I am using Foxit PDF for editing the pdf version of contracts. You can simply insert text there (like for initials, or names etc.) and also there is a graphic object function, where you can then create your signature with a "pen tool".
    For the signatures, I have created one in photoshop or MS paint and saved it. Now when I need to add signatures in the offers, I always just insert that image through foxit pdf and resize it to fit in the space.
    This works for me and is pretty fast and easy to use.
    Foxit PDF has a trial version and otherwise is for $20 or $30, but you might be able to find some older version for free on the internet possibly.

  • SFR Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2009 · 29 posts · 23 votes
    15y

    My wife and I use http://www.pdfescape.com/ for editing PDFs.

    Create a free account and then upload a pdf. It allows you to type anywhere in it and then save the result as a new pdf.

    We used it a lot on our last project for creating professional looking leases/applications.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vallejo, CA · Member since 2009 · 120 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    I have to say that so far the most effective and free option I have found is pdfescape.com

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas/Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    15y

    This looks like a very good resource and it's free for one year if you register before 11/17. You can edit templates and upload your own.

    http://my.contractcrusher.net/

  • Brunswick, OH · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    I think you should check out Realeflow !

    It’s the only All In One Real Estate Investing Software that’s built to get you more leads, more time, and more money.

    It gives you all the tools you need to automate over 85% of your business!

    This includes…

    >Lead generation

    >All your front end marketing including websites and direct mail

    >Analyzing deals and making better offers

    >Rehabbing

    >Selling properties

    >and even Paperless Office, Plus a LOT more!

    If you check out Realeflow for yourself, you’ll even get a special offer right here.

    http://realeflow.com/refer-a-friend/?id=8098

    Sorry if this sounded like a sales pitch, but this is the system I use and it has been wonderful.  Great price and it does it all.  Plus I live in the same town as the creator so perhaps I'm a little bias.. Nonetheless, it's a great piece of software..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.