Looking for a CPA w/ note experience

Looking for a CPA w/ note experience

Investor · Encino, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hi everyone!

Do any of you have any recommendations for a CPA that has experience with tax strategies specific to notes? Ideally it would be someone experienced with both active note and passive note fund tax considerations.

I'm in the Los Angeles area, but the location isn't super important.

Thanks in advance!

Barry

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brian EastmanPro Member
    Self Directed IRA & 401k Advisor · Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Barry Collier

    I am not 100% sure he will have the specific expertise you are looking for, but @Brandon Hall is a true strategist as a CPA and very much connected when it comes to real estate topics.  Certainly worth reaching out.  

  • Investor · Encino, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    @Brian Eastman Hey Brian! Good to hear from you. Thanks for the referral. I wasn’t sure if he focused in that area, but I will reach out to him to find out. Thanks again! Barry
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Barry Collier

    Taxation regarding note investing is complex.
    Please make sure that the accountant you select knows the treatment regarding performing and non-performing notes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.