Lenders for house rehab

Lenders for house rehab

Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 12 votes

I bought this house with cash for $24,000. The ARV is a comfortable 200k. The rehab will be 40-45k. However I am needing cash to fix it up. I am self employed and try to not show much income. Is there any lender who can do a dscr loan for rehab? Or if you have any ideas I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance.

8Reply
92 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Coach · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 171 posts · 64 votes
1y

Check out Gavin Fisher on LinkedIn. He's an Indy guy that deals with private money. He's your guy! Tell him I sent you. He'd be happy to jump on a call 

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mike GrudzienPro Member
    Lender · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    I don't have an answer to your quest, but those are pretty amazing numbers!  

    A property purchased for only $24K that needs only $40-45K for rehab to generate an ARV of "a comfortable $200k"!!

    Wow!  I want to be in your world!

  • Real Estate Coach · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 171 posts · 64 votes
    1y

    Check out Gavin Fisher on LinkedIn. He's an Indy guy that deals with private money. He's your guy! Tell him I sent you. He'd be happy to jump on a call 

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jacob Hancock:

    I bought this house with cash for $24,000. The ARV is a comfortable 200k. The rehab will be 40-45k. However I am needing cash to fix it up. I am self employed and try to not show much income. Is there any lender who can do a dscr loan for rehab? Or if you have any ideas I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance.


    Have you looked into taking on a business line of credit and then doing a cash out refi with a DSCR loan?

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
    • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 12 votes
      1y

      @Erik Estrada I have and have been denied. My NW is right over 500k and have healthy equity on all my stuff. Average 50% equity. Normal lenders won't touch me. Credit is over 700 as well. 

    • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
      Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jacob Hancock:

      @Erik Estrada I have and have been denied. My NW is right over 500k and have healthy equity on all my stuff. Average 50% equity. Normal lenders won't touch me. Credit is over 700 as well. 


       You could do it on a bridge loan, however the lender will holdback some of the funding and you will need to request draws. 

      LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Lender · Member since 2021 · 495 posts · 130 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jacob Hancock:

    I bought this house with cash for $24,000. The ARV is a comfortable 200k. The rehab will be 40-45k. However I am needing cash to fix it up. I am self employed and try to not show much income. Is there any lender who can do a dscr loan for rehab? Or if you have any ideas I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance.


    You would likely need to do a bridge loan with rehab and then refi into a DSCR loan. Do you have any experience?

  • Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    Yes I am on my fourth house and had the cash to buy one and fix it up and then refi. On this deal not So much. So takes that for what it's worth.

    • Member since 2022 · 74 posts · 45 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jacob Hancock:

      Yes I am on my fourth house and had the cash to buy one and fix it up and then refi. On this deal not So much. So takes that for what it's worth

      I’m also buying in Indy.   Would love to connect.  Great market  

  • LaMancha SimsBusiness Member
    Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 240 posts · 41 votes
    1y

    Hi Jacob, I Would Love To Connect With You And Discuss Details.

    Sims Ventures.
  • Lender · Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 372 votes
    1y
    DSCR loans are30 year rental products you would need a rehab loan for something like this. Depending on when you purchased it, I would suggest a delayed purchase loan. You would get about 80 to 90% of the purchase amount back plus rehab costs held in escrow. That would be the only way you could reach most lenders loan minimums with this deal. 
  • Lender · Marlboro, NJ · Member since 2025 · 243 posts · 150 votes
    1y

    Would love to help!

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jacob Hancock:

    I bought this house with cash for $24,000. The ARV is a comfortable 200k. The rehab will be 40-45k. However I am needing cash to fix it up. I am self employed and try to not show much income. Is there any lender who can do a dscr loan for rehab? Or if you have any ideas I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance.


    you do not do a DSCR for rehab you do a bridge loan and some lenders will offer discount when complete to give you the DSCR loan - that is the path I would look to go down, get the bridge loan for rehab then use same lender for DSCR.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    @Jacob Hancock I can help you secure the funding your looking for. It sounds like  bridge loan might be best but I want to understand fully maximize out your options 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jacob Hancock:

    I bought this house with cash for $24,000. The ARV is a comfortable 200k. The rehab will be 40-45k. However I am needing cash to fix it up. I am self employed and try to not show much income. Is there any lender who can do a dscr loan for rehab? Or if you have any ideas I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance.

     Check with @Staci Rogers

  • Jake YuskaitisBusiness Member
    Lender · New Jersey, USA · Member since 2022 · 254 posts · 67 votes
    1y

    very small loan amount. will be difficult

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
    1y

    There are many private lenders that can help. They underwrite based on the deal and your credit and not your income

  • Nick BelskyBusiness Member
    Residential and Commercial Broker · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 704 votes
    1y

    @Jacob Hancock

    Being paid with cash helps.  The larger issue for financing will be the low loan amount.  Many like to see loans in at least the $75k-$100k range.  You'll likely need to "cash out" some of the initial equity to get the loan with full rehab above $50k to even have a chance here.  You could also inflate the rehab budget to push the loan amount up.  A few ways to skin a cat here.

    Cheers!

    Belsky Mortgage, LLC527 Reviews
  • Lender · Closter, NJ · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Hi Jacob,

    I would be happy to discuss several options with you. Let me know!

  • Lender · Sanford, NC · Member since 2024 · 348 posts · 116 votes
    1y

    Rehab Loans only are possible for this. 

  • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Hey Jacob,

    I'll be able to help you out if you're still looking advice and possibly financing solutions for you. Let me know if you want to discuss. Thanks!

  • Member since 2025 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Hi
    that is gonna be a little tough. A DSCR loan usually has a minimum requirement of $100,000-$120,000. If there's a rehab required you're gonna have to do that first with a bridge loan. Many lenders don't lend out unless the purchase press the loan is 75,000 or more with a cash out refi you will have had to own the property for at least six months with most lenders before they would consider doing a cash out refi let me know if you have any other questions


    Peter

  • Member since 2025 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Hey Jacob, you probably already have a lender but in case you are still shopping round or you have any future projects I would love to be a lending resource. Let's connect. 

    (731) 330-4782
    [email protected]

    Caycecapital.com

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2025 · 76 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    Yes, there are funding options available for situations like yours. Since you purchased the property in cash and have strong equity (ARV of $200K), a bridge or rehab loan would likely be the best fit rather than a traditional DSCR loan, which usually requires the property to be rent-ready or stabilized.

  • Member since 2025 · 146 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    Hey Jacob, were you able to find a lender for this deal?

  • Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jacob Hancock:

    I bought this house with cash for $24,000. The ARV is a comfortable 200k. The rehab will be 40-45k. However I am needing cash to fix it up. I am self employed and try to not show much income. Is there any lender who can do a dscr loan for rehab? Or if you have any ideas I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance.


    Feel free to call or leave me a message 203.551.9515. You can also email me the details at [email protected]
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.