lending for properties below 100 K

lending for properties below 100 K

Guillermo NadalPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Marietta, GA · Member since 2018 · 108 posts · 77 votes

Finally after 3 years trying to find a lender that do loans in properties below 100k last week I connected with a lender that do loans for fix & flips and convert those loans in longer terms for rentals. For me is a huge advantage because I invest in the cities of Macon & Columbus in the state of GA and always struggle finding lenders that do loans below 100k with decent rate and terms and without a blanket loan. 

2Reply
145 views

Most Popular Reply

Erik EstradaBusiness Member
Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
Quote from @Guillermo Nadal:

Finally after 3 years trying to find a lender that do loans in properties below 100k last week I connected with a lender that do loans for fix & flips and convert those loans in longer terms for rentals. For me is a huge advantage because I invest in the cities of Macon & Columbus in the state of GA and always struggle finding lenders that do loans below 100k with decent rate and terms and without a blanket loan. 


 The fees and rate are what kills most of these deals..I guess it can work if the property is a cash cow. 

LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • AJ ExnerPro Member
    Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2023 · 652 posts · 314 votes
    10mo

    Congrats!

    So do they do DSCR loans below $100k as well? I know of a program that will lend down to $50k loan amount that I use for my OH/AL clients but am always intrigued to hear of how other people are doing it.

  • Lender · NY · Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    10mo

    Can connect with me. I fund in those states!

  • Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 239 posts · 120 votes
    10mo

    @Guillermo Nadal Congrats, thats a gem! When you get a chance, could you please DM me your lenders info? I'm sure they  would appreciate the referral. TY :)

  • Derek BrickleyBusiness Member
    Lender · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2021 · 664 posts · 226 votes
    10mo

    Hey Guillermo!

    We do have DSCR options with no minimum loan amount without LTV restrictions or hits to the rate. That would be best after rehab of course, not for the flip, but if you feel like that might be useful to look at feel free to reach out.

    Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group548 Reviews
  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Guillermo Nadal:

    Finally after 3 years trying to find a lender that do loans in properties below 100k last week I connected with a lender that do loans for fix & flips and convert those loans in longer terms for rentals. For me is a huge advantage because I invest in the cities of Macon & Columbus in the state of GA and always struggle finding lenders that do loans below 100k with decent rate and terms and without a blanket loan. 


     The fees and rate are what kills most of these deals..I guess it can work if the property is a cash cow. 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Lender · Member since 2021 · 495 posts · 130 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Guillermo Nadal:

    Finally after 3 years trying to find a lender that do loans in properties below 100k last week I connected with a lender that do loans for fix & flips and convert those loans in longer terms for rentals. For me is a huge advantage because I invest in the cities of Macon & Columbus in the state of GA and always struggle finding lenders that do loans below 100k with decent rate and terms and without a blanket loan. 

    We do individual DSCR loans down to 75k value. For flips, 50k loan size as long as ARV is 100K. Erik does have a really good point though. Since some costs are fixed, it can be a higher percentage in a lower loan amount. A regular for us across the Midwest and in certain southern states.

  • Stacy RaskinBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 500 votes
    10mo

    Some DSCR lenders will go down to a $75K value and a $50K loan amount. It's the same work to do a $50K loan as a $500K loan so the fees will be higher due to the loan amount but will still be much lower than what a lender or broker gets paid on a higher loan amount. This is with 20% down minimum depending on the borrower's middle mortgage FICO score.

    Credit score- the higher the better. 760-780+ generally gets best pricing for investment property loans with most lenders. From there every 20 point increment affect pricing differently. So for example, a 761 credit score will be in the 760-779 credit category, then going down to 740-759 and so on.

    I have not seen a lender that will go down under a $100K for a fix and flip loan. I've seen down to a $150K loan amount between financing up to 90% of the purchase price and 100% of the rehab on draws. Happy to connect to discuss further. 

  • New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 453 votes
    10mo

    Hi Gullermo,

    We can fund from 50K and up. Know that area very well. Feel free to reach out directly anytime so we can help you with your next project.

    Drago

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.