Anyone sell tradelines?

Anyone sell tradelines?

Kerry Noble JrPro Member
Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Does anyone run a tradeline business? I used to have one of my credit cards on file with a smaller tradeline company........until the owner got greedy with what she wanted to pay me for my card.......I would love to get my tradelines back out there and generate some side income....just looking for more tips on where to market and network with indviduals that need tradelines.......any info is appreciated.

1Reply
155 views

Most Popular Reply

Jason B.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 228 posts · 180 votes
2y

@JD Martin it can actually help tremendously. I have both of my kids listed as authorized users on my cards. Because of that they’re in their early 20’s with scores in the 750’s (mine are all above 800).. As long as I maintain good credit, my good credit will blend  with whatever credit they establish on their own to generate their score. However, the moment I take them off as authorized users, it removes it from their profile and their scores will drop. They never received the cards, I keep them, so there’s no danger of them ever using them on anything and they get the benefits of the higher score. 

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Were you able to find a good solution?  I sell tradelines.

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @Spencer Atamanczyk i did! i got about 10 of my cards listed with Tradeline companies currently

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    @Spencer Atamanczyk i did! i got about 10 of my cards listed with Tradeline companies currently


    OK Kerry your going to have to explain to me what this means..  and how one makes money with it.. ???  never heard of it.. but then again I dont carry any credit ever so maybe thats the issue.. 
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    @Spencer Atamanczyk i did! i got about 10 of my cards listed with Tradeline companies currently


    OK Kerry your going to have to explain to me what this means..  and how one makes money with it.. ???  never heard of it.. but then again I dont carry any credit ever so maybe thats the issue.. 

     yes sir!

    I add people to my credit cards as authorized users for a fee. Based on the age, limit, etc

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    @Spencer Atamanczyk i did! i got about 10 of my cards listed with Tradeline companies currently


    OK Kerry your going to have to explain to me what this means..  and how one makes money with it.. ???  never heard of it.. but then again I dont carry any credit ever so maybe thats the issue.. 

     yes sir!

    I add people to my credit cards as authorized users for a fee. Based on the age, limit, etc

     So they are authorized to use your cards - how do you collect money from them? How do you prevent them from running up crazy purchases? How do you get paid for what they buy?

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    @Spencer Atamanczyk i did! i got about 10 of my cards listed with Tradeline companies currently


    OK Kerry your going to have to explain to me what this means..  and how one makes money with it.. ???  never heard of it.. but then again I dont carry any credit ever so maybe thats the issue.. 

     yes sir!

    I add people to my credit cards as authorized users for a fee. Based on the age, limit, etc

     So they are authorized to use your cards - how do you collect money from them? How do you prevent them from running up crazy purchases? How do you get paid for what they buy?


    same questions seems pretty risky.. I mean we wont do that for our kids even LOL
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

    @JD Martin

    got it.. But is this not in a big way defrauding banks  lenders or property owners managers when they pull credit on this person.  its NOT real its your stellar credit not theirs ??  I wonder if that is legal or not or at the very least not ethical or moral.. Just sayin.. if shoe is on the other foot and your running credit on someone and dont realize its not real ?? 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

    @JD Martin

    got it.. But is this not in a big way defrauding banks  lenders or property owners managers when they pull credit on this person.  its NOT real its your stellar credit not theirs ??  I wonder if that is legal or not or at the very least not ethical or moral.. Just sayin.. if shoe is on the other foot and your running credit on someone and dont realize its not real ?? 


     Not defrauding the banks or anything. You can add AUs. People have been adding family and friends for years to their tradelines to help them establish credit at 18 etc. 

    fico 8 actually can tell you which tradelines are primaries etc. Fico 10T actually goes back and scores off a trailing amount of months etc. So the tradeline game is and will change. But it has been advantageous to others for years. But I definitely respect your POV.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

    @JD Martin

    got it.. But is this not in a big way defrauding banks  lenders or property owners managers when they pull credit on this person.  its NOT real its your stellar credit not theirs ??  I wonder if that is legal or not or at the very least not ethical or moral.. Just sayin.. if shoe is on the other foot and your running credit on someone and dont realize its not real ?? 


     Not defrauding the banks or anything. You can add AUs. People have been adding family and friends for years to their tradelines to help them establish credit at 18 etc. 

    fico 8 actually can tell you which tradelines are primaries etc. Fico 10T actually goes back and scores off a trailing amount of months etc. So the tradeline game is and will change. But it has been advantageous to others for years. But I definitely respect your POV.


    OK seems wild to me..  I understand helping out the kids.. but strangers for a fee  ?

    as you can tell I dont really work in the fico world and credit is never an issue to worry about.
  • Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 75 votes
    2y

    @Kerry Noble Jr

    I thought trade lands were bought when the owners have no use for them.Therefore transferring their credit to the person who purchased them.

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

    @JD Martin

    got it.. But is this not in a big way defrauding banks  lenders or property owners managers when they pull credit on this person.  its NOT real its your stellar credit not theirs ??  I wonder if that is legal or not or at the very least not ethical or moral.. Just sayin.. if shoe is on the other foot and your running credit on someone and dont realize its not real ?? 

     So if I understand this correctly they essentially get to build a better score because they are an authorized user on your account but they never actually get to use the cars, is that correct? If so, how much does it actually help their credit score? And how much do you charge?

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Jason B.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 228 posts · 180 votes
    2y

    @Ivan Terrero no you can’t do that; you can however allow an authorized user to in a sense ‘borrow’ your existing credit history which will report as theirs, but you can’t outright sell it to them.

  • Jason B.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 228 posts · 180 votes
    2y

    @JD Martin it can actually help tremendously. I have both of my kids listed as authorized users on my cards. Because of that they’re in their early 20’s with scores in the 750’s (mine are all above 800).. As long as I maintain good credit, my good credit will blend  with whatever credit they establish on their own to generate their score. However, the moment I take them off as authorized users, it removes it from their profile and their scores will drop. They never received the cards, I keep them, so there’s no danger of them ever using them on anything and they get the benefits of the higher score. 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jason B.:

    @JD Martin it can actually help tremendously. I have both of my kids listed as authorized users on my cards. Because of that they’re in their early 20’s with scores in the 750’s (mine are all above 800).. As long as I maintain good credit, my good credit will blend  with whatever credit they establish on their own to generate their score. However, the moment I take them off as authorized users, it removes it from their profile and their scores will drop. They never received the cards, I keep them, so there’s no danger of them ever using them on anything and they get the benefits of the higher score. 


     I appreciate you Jason!

  • Jason B.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 228 posts · 180 votes
    2y

    @Jay Hinrichs the big downside of this is that more and more banks are growing wise to this, and don’t want it done. By doing this, you run the risk of them deciding to actually close the credit card down completely without your consent. They tend to have no problems if you have a spouse or your children, or essentially some immediate family member listed as an authorized user, though.

    I know several people that were doing this, and their financial institutions ended up closing their cards on them. In every case, their financial institution would not allow them to reopen the card. One buddy had to wait two years before he was allowed to open up another credit card with them, a couple others had to only wait one year. This hurt their credit in each other cases because they had those credit cards open for many years with high credit limits so now they not only don’t have those cards to use, but because they had them open for a long time with high credit limits when they got closed on their credit reports it caused their scores to drop significantly.

    It’s definitely running a big risk doing this; for me, it’s not worth it.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jason B.:

    @Jay Hinrichs the big downside of this is that more and more banks are growing wise to this, and don’t want it done. By doing this, you run the risk of them deciding to actually close the credit card down completely without your consent. They tend to have no problems if you have a spouse or your children, or essentially some immediate family member listed as an authorized user, though.

    I know several people that were doing this, and their financial institutions ended up closing their cards on them. In every case, their financial institution would not allow them to reopen the card. One buddy had to wait two years before he was allowed to open up another credit card with them, a couple others had to only wait one year. This hurt their credit in each other cases because they had those credit cards open for many years with high credit limits so now they not only don’t have those cards to use, but because they had them open for a long time with high credit limits when they got closed on their credit reports it caused their scores to drop significantly.

    It’s definitely running a big risk doing this; for me, it’s not worth it.


    I can see doing this for kids or close relatives but strangers.. dont think so.. to me its just another one of those totally grey areas  that maybe legal but ethics come into play.. artificially raising someones credit ??  anyway
  • Rental Property Investor · NYC · Member since 2024 · 43 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    Does anyone run a tradeline business? I used to have one of my credit cards on file with a smaller tradeline company........until the owner got greedy with what she wanted to pay me for my card.......I would love to get my tradelines back out there and generate some side income....just looking for more tips on where

    I’ve never heard of this before, and it sounds really unique! After a quick Google search, I see it’s a full-fledged business. I love learning new things. I’m curious—who are the top companies in the tradeline buying and selling space?

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jason B.:

    @JD Martin it can actually help tremendously. I have both of my kids listed as authorized users on my cards. Because of that they’re in their early 20’s with scores in the 750’s (mine are all above 800).. As long as I maintain good credit, my good credit will blend  with whatever credit they establish on their own to generate their score. However, the moment I take them off as authorized users, it removes it from their profile and their scores will drop. They never received the cards, I keep them, so there’s no danger of them ever using them on anything and they get the benefits of the higher score. 


     How does having the authorized users affect your own credit score? And how does the buyer know that they're getting a good deal (ie, how do they know you don't have a 500 score)? 

    Hell, if there's enough money to be made here and no downside, I have a mid to high 800s score and (at least right now) no real plan to buy anything else on credit. I wonder how much that would be worth to someone 🤣

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Jason B.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 228 posts · 180 votes
    2y

    @JD Martin having authorized users doesn’t affect your score at all, only theirs.

    As for how they know they’re getting a good deal, some of these sites that allow you to list your tradelines and match you up with renters/borrowers (or however you wanna refer to them) will list out the details of the tradeline that matter such as how long the credit line’s been open, the credit limit, balance on the card and your credit score. Sometimes you can set your own price that you want to charge per month but oftentimes these websites will use an algorithm to determine what your trade line is ‘worth’ per month.

    The potential downside is that if say, you have a credit card that you’ve had a long time with a high credit limit and low to no balance, it may be having a significant effect on your credit report, boosting your score. If you sell one of the tradelines and the bank or whoever that issued that credit card finds out, they can cancel the credit card on you and you get no say in the matter. This would then have a negative impact on your credit score and could make it drop significantly. It could (depending on what else your report and score consist of) make enough of difference that it could take you a few years to get your credit score back up. Banks and credit card issuers don’t mind you adding immediate family members, in fact that’s often encouraged, but they don’t want you selling the tradelines.

    That being said, if you still wanna do it and your scores, are that high, you could potentially make GOOD money selling your tradelines.

  • Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 75 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jason B.:

    @Ivan Terrero no you can’t do that; you can however allow an authorized user to in a sense ‘borrow’ your existing credit history which will report as theirs, but you can’t outright sell it to them.


     Thanks!

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    if anyone is looking to purchase tradelines.....i can refer you to the company that I use

  • Samuel CoronadoPro Member
    Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2016 · 334 posts · 181 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

    @JD Martin

    got it.. But is this not in a big way defrauding banks  lenders or property owners managers when they pull credit on this person.  its NOT real its your stellar credit not theirs ??  I wonder if that is legal or not or at the very least not ethical or moral.. Just sayin.. if shoe is on the other foot and your running credit on someone and dont realize its not real ?? 


     Not defrauding the banks or anything. You can add AUs. People have been adding family and friends for years to their tradelines to help them establish credit at 18 etc. 

    fico 8 actually can tell you which tradelines are primaries etc. Fico 10T actually goes back and scores off a trailing amount of months etc. So the tradeline game is and will change. But it has been advantageous to others for years. But I definitely respect your POV.


     What companies do you use? I have 5 cards over 20k that could be rented as tradelines. 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Samuel Coronado:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

    @JD Martin

    got it.. But is this not in a big way defrauding banks  lenders or property owners managers when they pull credit on this person.  its NOT real its your stellar credit not theirs ??  I wonder if that is legal or not or at the very least not ethical or moral.. Just sayin.. if shoe is on the other foot and your running credit on someone and dont realize its not real ?? 


     Not defrauding the banks or anything. You can add AUs. People have been adding family and friends for years to their tradelines to help them establish credit at 18 etc. 

    fico 8 actually can tell you which tradelines are primaries etc. Fico 10T actually goes back and scores off a trailing amount of months etc. So the tradeline game is and will change. But it has been advantageous to others for years. But I definitely respect your POV.


     What companies do you use? I have 5 cards over 20k that could be rented as tradelines. 


     I started out with GFS group but right now Rob Hughes at Priority Tradelines has been the man!

    let me know if you need their info

  • Samuel CoronadoPro Member
    Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2016 · 334 posts · 181 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:
    Quote from @Samuel Coronado:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    The card actually comes to me. They never see the card. I get the card and cut it up immediately.  The good payment history transfers to their credit profile. 

    @JD Martin

    got it.. But is this not in a big way defrauding banks  lenders or property owners managers when they pull credit on this person.  its NOT real its your stellar credit not theirs ??  I wonder if that is legal or not or at the very least not ethical or moral.. Just sayin.. if shoe is on the other foot and your running credit on someone and dont realize its not real ?? 


     Not defrauding the banks or anything. You can add AUs. People have been adding family and friends for years to their tradelines to help them establish credit at 18 etc. 

    fico 8 actually can tell you which tradelines are primaries etc. Fico 10T actually goes back and scores off a trailing amount of months etc. So the tradeline game is and will change. But it has been advantageous to others for years. But I definitely respect your POV.


     What companies do you use? I have 5 cards over 20k that could be rented as tradelines. 


     I started out with GFS group but right now Rob Hughes at Priority Tradelines has been the man!

    let me know if you need their info


     Yes, I'd love to get in on this. It's like having lazy equity in any other asset. I need it to start making some money for me. lol

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.