Anyone interested in a Columbus Ohio networking event?

Anyone interested in a Columbus Ohio networking event?

Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hi All,

I have a couple rental properties in Arizona and Cleveland Ohio. I just moved to Columbus, looking to network with local folks. I'm considering a 1031 exchange to buy a rental in property in Columbus.

2Reply
189 views

Most Popular Reply

Patrick DruryBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1d

@Chance Ro
Nice. Hopefully you like it so far. I would recommend areas like Hilltop, Linden, Eastmoor/ Whitehall, and Franklinton. These are areas where you can cash flow in Columbus because the rent-to-price ratio is favorable. Out of these areas, Franklinton and Linden are seeing some of the most development. With things like the ONE Linden plan in Linden, which is a 50M plan to improve the neighborhood. Of that 50M, 25M was allocated for the construction of a new recreational facility that has since been completed. Franklinton has been seeing lots of developments, like the completion of Gravity Phases 1 and 2, with Phase 3 on the way. As well as coffee shops like Bottoms Up Coffee, are moving in, and small microbreweries like Brew Dog and Land Grant. Franklinton also has developments like the one at the Peninsula, which has new built apartments along with the Junto hotel, which has a rooftop bar called Brass Eye. Hilltop is located just west of Franklinton, and has started to see more investment from the city than in the previous years, like a 10.5M investment into engineering work toward a bus rapid transit line along W Broad.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Patrick DruryBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1d

    @Chance Ro
    Nice. Hopefully you like it so far. I would recommend areas like Hilltop, Linden, Eastmoor/ Whitehall, and Franklinton. These are areas where you can cash flow in Columbus because the rent-to-price ratio is favorable. Out of these areas, Franklinton and Linden are seeing some of the most development. With things like the ONE Linden plan in Linden, which is a 50M plan to improve the neighborhood. Of that 50M, 25M was allocated for the construction of a new recreational facility that has since been completed. Franklinton has been seeing lots of developments, like the completion of Gravity Phases 1 and 2, with Phase 3 on the way. As well as coffee shops like Bottoms Up Coffee, are moving in, and small microbreweries like Brew Dog and Land Grant. Franklinton also has developments like the one at the Peninsula, which has new built apartments along with the Junto hotel, which has a rooftop bar called Brass Eye. Hilltop is located just west of Franklinton, and has started to see more investment from the city than in the previous years, like a 10.5M investment into engineering work toward a bus rapid transit line along W Broad.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    1d

    Holla

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 923 votes
    1d
    Quote from @Chance Ro:

    Hi All,

    I have a couple rental properties in Arizona and Cleveland Ohio. I just moved to Columbus, looking to network with local folks. I'm considering a 1031 exchange to buy a rental in property in Columbus.

    Welcome to Columbus! Since you already have rentals in Cleveland, you probably have a good feel for the Ohio market. A Columbus networking group could be a great way to meet local investors, PMs, lenders, and contractors, especially if you’re considering a 1031. Happy to connect!

  • Mike PaolucciBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2022 · 493 posts · 550 votes
    1d
    Quote from @Chance Ro:

    Hi All,

    I have a couple rental properties in Arizona and Cleveland Ohio. I just moved to Columbus, looking to network with local folks. I'm considering a 1031 exchange to buy a rental in property in Columbus.

    @Chance Ro welcome to Columbus. I'd recommend finding a property ahead of time to make sure you don't run into any time crunches for your 1031. I'm working on my 2nd one right now and it's definitely a lot less stressful to have something in contract and ready to close out the backend of the transaction.

    Happy to meet for coffee sometime and chat futher and answer any questions you might have!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.