• Rochester, NY
Votes |
Share your WORST tenant requests?

Mark Updegraff
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Posted May 6 2010, 09:13

Relative newbie to Landlording 101 (just over 2 years)

What is the WORST (stupid, funny, challenged etc) request a tenant has made to you? It can be written or verbal

I'll go first, I expect you more experienced landlords to have some excellent ones :D

"Will you sign this document that says my boyfriend has lived here for the last 6 months so he can collect taxpayer dollars for degenerates?" (OK, I'm taking creative liberty on this quote)

me: "No, he isn't on the lease and no one told me he was living here, by the way, have him fill out this application."
fast forward 2 weeks, I get a letter from DSS saying that he lives there and I need to do this and that so he can get taxpayer dollars. I say, he isn't on any lease of mine. DSS: Well, we have it right here in front of us... that's right they forged a new lease and sent the sucker in!

"I know the rent was due on the 5th, and it is now the 18th, would you mind waiting until next week to cash that check?"

"Our hallway window is broken, can you come fix it"
A new Double hung vinyl window looked like a brick was thrown through it. After I got there to "fix" it I reply "Fix it? Why didn't you say REPLACE it on the phone? I'll have to schedule this with my contractor"

OK OK, that is all for me.
Give it a go, it feels GOOD :D

Loading replies...